• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB absolutely will not start.

alfred e numan

alfred e numan said:
wet plugs. i have did this for many years to lawn mowers-weed eaters-and now on ocassion r-c plugs.- If its wet-fouled, break out the propane torch and heat the plug. not red hot- just enough that it smokes a little- this will dry it out. agan, not red hot- just enough heat that the plug smokes a little- yea, hold the plug with pliers or the plug wrench- you knew that allready, just saying---
forgot to say-- after you heat the plug- even if you have no torch- use a wire brush on the suspect plug- it will loosen the oily junk up down inside the plug- gently tap the junk out on a piece of wood - be careful not to bend the plugs air gap closed.- If you are waiting on a new plug this could get you going agan.

G

I've been able to use compressed air to dry the plug. It will blow out any loose carbon as well.

F-Fanatic

When I originally having this issue and had a good look at the bastard plug, I wiped it off with a clean cloth, but didn't get much off of it. There didn't seem to be any problem build-up that I know of, either, which had me wondering if it was the plug wire. I also tested the kill switch and ensured it wasn't sticking down. (That was my first guess). Appreciate all the support, dudes. And yeah, in response to an earlier poster regarding redcat, part support and community is probably my favorite point about this company. Their over the phone tech support may suck a bit, but the forum sure is nice. ;) May just end up getting a dunerunner as my second vehicle.

G

Yes, there are a lot of great guys with tons of knowledge here.

Trip..

Brake cleaner and compressed air will clean a plug pretty well too, but I would still recommend tossing it in favor of a proper plug.

F-Fanatic

Gonna drop by our local auto parts store tomorrow and pick up a new plug. Took the 'cat out and attempted another cleaning/brushing session, but to no avail. Possibly just a "dead" plug? It's definitely not the kill switch. I took the rubber cover off of it and made sure it wasn't stuck down.

Trip..

Stick your finger in the spark plug boot and give the recoil a good hard yank. If it feels like you grabbed an electric fence then you know the coil's working. You'll also realize you are very gullible.

Seriously though, stick a #2 phillips screwdriver in the plug boot, place the screwdriver close to something metal and pull the recoil. Look for the spark to jump the gap from the screwdriver to the metal.. Or buy a spark tester like this...

Here's a vid I put up last year...

[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]Qc-61hs7iZo[/MEDIA][/ame]

F-Fanatic

Actually, I saw that video a couple days ago while trying to figure out what was goin' on. Man, you are indeed on a distinguished road here, Trip. ;) I see you and RCDAD everywhere.

Trip..

Well what can I say?

I'm actually a mod on another forum, but I haven't even been on it in a year lol. I like it over here.

Motakitty

Re: XB absolutely will not start.

Cause someone here said sometimes it sticks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

G

Maybe if it got full of dirt. I've never had a problem with the push buttons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts