• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

X-Can

Chief409

Just got the silicon tube I ordered from Silicontube.com to run the exhaust past the wing from the X-Can. The tubing wall is lots thicker then I thought it would be, and 4 ply. Plus, it's soft. I WAS thinking I could use the tubing to tune the exhaust a bit, but... With the wall thickness, and the softness, I doubt it. Too thick, too soft. I think the best I can expect is keeping the back pressure down. I'll find out this weekend.

HOWEVER, it will keep the exhaust off the wing! And look good doing it. The blue cover of the tubing fits in well on the DR and the blue X-Can!, and the exhust noise should be lower :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief409

Got back from dirt bashing at work after the hardware store closed (I maintain/fix mountain top radio sites in the desert) and put on the silicon tube pipes. Tomorrow I get hose clamps, but, the silicon pipes are shrinking around the X-Can stub stingers.

Didn't need oil, just some old fashioned knowledge to get the tubes on the stubs. Angle them on the stub, twist and PUSH! Keep pushing and twisting and DONE. It took around two minutes per tube.

Chief409

GoffeeRedCat said:
Have you noticed any low end power gains with the x-can??
Compared to stock, TONS! With the stock can it was bog city for around 100' or so until it "hit the pipe". With the X-Can, with the Trenchers it is throwing dirt from a stop.

Needed to get the exhaust off the wing structure though, and figured I might as well fool around to see if the low end can be improved using the silicon pipe by trimming it. Worth a try.

But, YES the X-Can is worth it. Until one of the Pro's come out with a rear exhaust for the Dunerunner. And not a limp, "with some mods". I am not buying a $200 pipe that I need to mod the buggy for it to fit because it's made for something else, and it "almost" fits. Screw that!

And, by this time next year, I'm looking at a OBR engine. Figure this one will be run out by then. So a OBR engine with a X-Can... Currently OBR or TGN will get bragging rights, I'm NOT looking at a "mild" build. JetPro and the other pro's don't seem interested. KMA. I'm a old fart, and DO respect those who respect me.

G

That will do a great job keeping the oily soot from getting all over the back of the car.

Chief409

RCDAD said:
That will do a great job keeping the oily soot from getting all over the back of the car.
The heat was getting to things too. The plastic was warping. Do you have some stickers that fit on the end of the wing?

G

I've got some flamed ones that fit. Pic isn't the best, sorry.

-

Chief409

I have a couple of those, the DR wing end is a bit smaller. Thanks. I'm getting ready to strip and repaint the body over Christmas, they'll have a home then.

That is one nice paint job on that body. I'd be afraid to run it and mess it up!

G

My son actually has cartwheeled it. The wing kept the body from contacting the street.

Chief409

Spent today running around doing chores so I didn't have a chance to run the Dune Runner. One stop was the local hardware store where I picked up some hose clamps. And discovered with the thickness of the silicon tubes there isn't enough space (None) between the tubes to put on hose clamps at the X-Can stingers. Hope there isn't any leaks, but you deal with what you have. Even with some leakage it should be an improvement.

Chief409

Chief409 said:
Compared to stock, TONS! With the stock can it was bog city for around 100' or so until it "hit the pipe". With the X-Can, with the Trenchers it is throwing dirt from a stop.Needed to get the exhaust off the wing structure though, and figured I might as well fool around to see if the low end can be improved using the silicon pipe by trimming it. Worth a try.

But, YES the X-Can is worth it. Until one of the Pro's come out with a rear exhaust for the Dunerunner. And not a limp, "with some mods". I am not buying a $200 pipe that I need to mod the buggy for it to fit because it's made for something else, and it "almost" fits. Screw that!

And, by this time next year, I'm looking at a OBR engine. Figure this one will be run out by then. So a OBR engine with a X-Can... Currently OBR or TGN will get bragging rights, I'm NOT looking at a "mild" build. JetPro and the other pro's don't seem interested. KMA. I'm a old fart, and DO respect those who respect me.
I cut the silicon pipes at 8", I lucked out on a "sweet spot". It's on the pipe as soon as I hit the trigger from a start. I think there is just enough back pressure. Plus getting rid of the stock air cleaner and adding a tall venturi.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts