• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

WTF... I keep killing eletronics.. 7 servo's in less than 1 hour

Ictinike

What is the deal? I lost 2 stock steering servo's, 1 replacement Fubata s3306, then I lost the stock throttle servo, 2 traxxas 2075 servos, a bluebird I had, and now my last traxxas 2075 has went out...

what gives?

this is all in less than 1 tank of gas?(spaced out of a couple weeks... darn shipping...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ictinike

could there be an issue with my battery? maybe not putting out enough amps to run every thing? It is the stock 2500Mah battery

RampageHopUps

Stock, Traxxas and Bluebird. Step up to a brand name servo like Hitec 5755 for steering and a 5645 for throttle..

Ictinike

It can't just be a qualtiy issue, the fubata steering servos arn't the best choise but should still last longer than 1 hour( I say 1 hour... I have yet to empty the tank sinse all of this started) and I have used Bluebird for a few years now, and I have not had any issues with them.. I will be upgrading to Hi-tech all the way around, but If there is an underlieing issue I want to fix that 1st. Ohhhh... and I am not striping gears or anything like that, every servo has had the motor go out.

Last edited by a moderator:

v555

Ictinike said:
What is the deal? I lost 2 stock steering servo's, 1 replacement Fubata s3306, then I lost the stock throttle servo, 2 traxxas 2075 servos, a bluebird I had, and now my last traxxas 2075 has went out...
what gives?

this is all in less than 1 tank of gas?(spaced out of a couple weeks... darn shipping...)
remove the stock failsafe,i had same problem,after i changed failsafe it was ok.

DemonRC

As far as the steering goes. I've exploded a HPI SFL-30MG servo from using the aluminum servo saver. If you get to much grit between the savers it'll lock up and you'll destroy a servo really quick.

For throttle, it sounds like you need to set your EPA (end point adjustment) or possibly adjust your linkages to stop your throttle servo's from burning up. You should not have gone through that many servo's on throttle. With the car not running press your throttle to 100% and watch the carb's arm. Make sure your servo is not pushing the carb after it's already at 100%. You can damage the carb and burn up your servo at the same time. I setup my throttle so that at 100% throttle I'm only pushing the carb 99.9% open.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts