• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Worst wreck ever...

Bobo

Hi all,

I've been lurking around here for about 6 months and have had a DuneRunner for 4 months. Finally had a bad wreck. I've disassembled the car and have a list of broken part I've ordered. My question focuses on the brass color aluminum chassis. Other than the front end angle up, where the front differential bolts on, is the rest suppose to be flat? Or is there a curve up in the back also?

Guantanamo Joe

The rest is flat... if you have an angle back there, then you had a good one. I used a mallet and 2X4 to straighten mine when I bent it, but you can only bend it back once- after that it will snap. Not true aluminum I guess.

Bobo

Only a slight curve/twist. I was going to try to straighten it but wanted an opinion first. The wreck involved my DR going 25 mph and a curbside sewer drain. Tore apart both rear shocks, cracked the front differential case(oil everywhere), wing and roll cage destroyed, broke engine covers and flywheel, scraped up the cpi pipe, and a few small aluminum pieces bent. I found the right rear shock 4feet away from the car, and I had to pry the car out of the drain. Best part is, now I get to upgrade shocks. All other parts were only 63 bucks minus diff rebuild.

Bobo

Well, I've got the chassis straight. I think I'm going to get a sheet of stiff 1/8 inch metal and bolt it onto the bottom for support. Any recommendations on where to start for this.

Bobo

Naw. Not a run away. Was driving full throttle around my neighborhood and my front wheels came of the ground just long enough for me to make a bad mistake when I got scared and overcompensated the wrong way. Looking back, it was a cool wreck with all the flying parts. At the time I felt sick about it.

Bobo

Good idea cherry. Can i find that at lowes or Home Depot?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts