• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Won't start

Sergio

Hi guys I need your knowledge I was running my mt today I ran it for good 10 minutes and it ran good but then when I gave it gas it started going slow would not go the way it was and finally die and now it won't start I already have the tank vented with the snappy kit even took the tank cap off and nothing I gave up. Any help is appreciated.

G

Check the plug first and see how it looks. You might just have a fouled plug. Replace the plug if necessary.

Check the carb needle settings. Go back to base settings and it should restart. Retune from there.

rampage idiot

check the plug like rcdad said make sure your carb is not falling off like mine yesterday ran fine bogged down and died both carb bolts came loose that was a first

Sergio

Ok just so you know I have the walbro 990 I just installed it not to long ago in fact second time I run the truck with it and my truck is pretty new I think I'm on tank 3 or 4 so the plug is also new but I'll take a look tomorrow thanks guys

Sergio

Oh will I find the plug at home depot or lows in case I need to replace it don't want to wait 5 days if ordered online

G

Most auto parts stores will have them. NGK CMR7H and I think the Champion plug is RZ7C. Just bring yours with you to be on the safe side.

Sergio

Like I said I installed my 990 and haven't moved anything so I had the stock settings. And thanks again I'll get some extra plugs cause is always something first wast the vent the my cvd pin fell off sucks cause my public ( wife and child ) always come to see the truck running and everytime go home disappointed now we can have that can we? So I want to have spares for when something fails cause I hate waiting for my parts on the mail.

G

You still need to start at the base settings. They don't always come set. You should then tune it after you first get it running.

If its too rich you will keep fouling plugs and performance will be poor.

If its too lean you will seize the engine.

Sergio

RCDAD said:
You still need to start at the base settings. They don't always come set. You should then tune it after you first get it running. If its too rich you will keep fouling plugs and performance will be poor.

If its too lean you will seize the engine.
So what are the base settings and steps to tune it. This will my first time tunning this carb and don't have a clue where to start.

Deluge

Tuning is quite simple. What I do is start with the high speed needle. Let the engine warm up and do some high speed runs. After the engine is warmed up, lean the high speed needle a 16th of a turn. Do another high speed run and immediately kill the engine, don't let it idle. Then pull the plug and check the color. You basically repeat this process until you get the plug to a brown paper bag color. That's your ideal setting.

Here's the perfect plug color...

plugPerfectColor200x200.jpg

Now move on to the low speed needle. This is pretty easy. You don't have to check the plug color. You basically want to set it to where it's a smooth transition from low speed to high speed. Work in 16th of a turn increments with this needle, as well.

Once you have both the high speed needle and the low speed needle set, you can adjust the idle with the idle screw. You'll probably have to adjust it after you get the low speed needle set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts