• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Won't start

Ok so I installed a 990 carb last night and posted a thread on how it wouldn't start. It seemed to be flooded and there's no choke on this carb. So I sprayed a dot of starting fluid and she fired right up. It was late so I gave it a little gas then shut it off. I started it a couple more times to make sure it wasn't running off starting fluid and it wasn't. So today I came out started it up and was letting it idle and gave it some throttle and it would die. This happened twice until it wouldn't fire back up. So I took the plug out and it's soaked in gas I dried it let it sit for 20 min, still nothing? I keep pulling the plug and it's soaked everytime and I'm not even priming it no throttle any ideas?

G

You will have to tune it.

Start with these settings.

L- 1 1/4

H-1 1/2

These are turns out. So turn your needles in until the stop, don't tighten. Then back them out as stated above. Once you get it running you can start to tune for performance. Check your spark plug color. There are lots of threads on tuning if you need more info.

I got it I'm not sure what it was. It just took a lot of pulling! I ended up breaking a pull rope. But I figured it was something with the needles so I richened both of them up. It started and I tuned it from there, didn't have any other issues for the rest of the day. Thanks for all your input I appreciate the help

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts