• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wierd Experience with my engine.

GTS 666

Its not neccesary to replace the gaskets unless they get damaged pulling it apart. Sometimes they will tear and if so I will replace. Other wise I use hi temp silicone or aviation gasket sealer and just give both sides of gasket a nice fine covering to ensure they wont leak or fail.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Yes.. it is a port. Its one of the ports on the side that have the scratch. I believe there is four opening. The air intake port, the exhaust port, and the two side ports (I don't know the name). One of the side ports got a scratch as seen on the pics attached. What are your thoughts Deluge? The shot of the pic was from the side of the car, not the rear or front of the car with the engine mounted onto the car.
Yeah, I figured it was a side pic. Like GTS said, if it's not effecting performance, I wouldn't sweat it. Get what you can out of it, and run it until it dies.

ChuenouXiao said:
I have a question though guys....once I take the engine's head off or the engine apart, for best pratices, I should replace gaskets right? It's just good practice right? It's not like I'm going to take the head off :D but just thought I should ask.
You don't have to, but I do. I like the idea of having a fresh gasket.

ChuenouXiao

Guys I guess I'm not asking the right question here. The question is... how did this happen? I wonder if It was originally like this before I broke in the engine?

Deluge

Can't really say what caused it without tearing it down. Since it's not effecting performance, I wouldn't bother. Also, if OBR saw a defect, they wouldn't have sent it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKDCOMPUTERS

running rich

If you haven found rich problem. try disassemble carb and clean. i had a rich problem low and hi screws were turned all the way in and still ran rich. disassemble carb and cleaned. problem gone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts