• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Who got them today!!

camo

I bough an FS racing buggy about a year ago and the throttle servo froze on the forward position ........ I had to chase it for about half a mile until it got entangled on some bushes so.............

LOL I didnt even try the stock servo when I got it as I had a feeling it could happen again!!!! just buy a hitech 5805..... ultra good servo.

Big Bob 13

camo said:
I bough an FS racing buggy about a year ago and the throttle servo froze on the forward position ........ I had to chase it for about half a mile until it got entangled on some bushes so.............
LOL I didnt even try the stock servo when I got it as I had a feeling it could happen again!!!! just buy a hitech 5805..... ultra good servo.
it does the same with my new tt a while ago......first ever crank it was nice idling and then bang!!!full trottle and bang the s....t up in my garage door at full trottle... :mad: and the xb...the 4th redcat i purchase. expecting friday ...got the electronic on the table to change everything a soon as i got it:D!!!

brian101571

just got done swaping my servos, much better!!!! Hope to get it out tomorrow when i get home from work. got my failsafe set for full breaks but don't have my third ch. kill switch hooked up yet:eek:,......buy the way I weighed mine dry and it was 20lbs 6oz

camo

@ brian. Check the hitech 805 for full functionality. Those servos are analog and some 2.4 system don't like them, like I use a DX3S spektrum and that servo wont work properly with that radio. I know the hitech 5805 is the digital version and works great. put pics when you have a chance.

camo

The problems I had with my DX3S radio system were mainly when you when rapidly from left to right; it got stuck momentarily and also drained the battery faster.

brian101571

Here's a couple pics if I did it right. New, Fried servo, and after first run, notice only half of a rear wing left.

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

@ camo Thanks for the input. It seemed to work fine today...

Last edited by a moderator:

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
Brian, I shot you a PM the other day about the servo.

Also, how did you sheer off half the wing? Video or it did not happen!

Darin

JayV3rc

Just got back from the hobby shop with 2 brand new XB's yeah that's right 2 I picked up one for a friend that wanted one I'm a good friend aren't I well I'm gonna get into these things I'll let you know how they run

brian101571

@ Darin PM sent. Thank you

No video, busted the wing on my first jump. Did an endo and its only 50 degrees here. Other than that it was a good first run.

lightning73

JayV3rc said:
Just got back from the hobby shop with 2 brand new XB's yeah that's right 2 I picked up one for a friend that wanted one I'm a good friend aren't I well I'm gonna get into these things I'll let you know how they run
Can I be your friend too?...lmao!

Ol' fart

Yup

I flipped mine and got a crack in the wing first run. I'm going to add a aluminum brace to the wing at the rear underside and hold it on with button head screws. Hey, when you land on your ass.....

TheNewbe

Contributor
Finally got my xt in took it out today after breaking it in last night and I just cannot believe the power of this thing. Only bad thing think I stripped out some gears in the rear end, front gets power back don't, crackin it open tommorrow to find out for sure.

Obeast44

Banned
I also had the same thing happen, check the diff drive cup, mine had loosened on the front. Talking about some serious roosters with just 2wd! :D

Just slap a little locktite on it and it will be fine.

camo

@thenewbe. It sounds like one of the diff cups got loose!!! I don't thing there is a problem with the rear diff gears. chek all diff cups and make sure they are tight well and with blue thread lock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts