• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

which diff and drive cups are required for mcd dogbones in an mt v3?

carp boyz

Banned
I'm thinking about upgrading from the redcat cvd dogbones to the mcd dogbones,can you also install the matching mcd diff and drive cups into the front and rear diffs of the mt v3's as well?

is there also any better upgrades for the front and rear center drive shafts and cups out there?

Deluge

The MCD cups won't work. The stock MT diff cups will work, you also need these wheel axles Front/Rear Wheel Axle 2pcs.

As far as the center shafts, you're pretty much stuck with the stock set. Upgrading the pins would help a bit. You can sleeve the cups, though. When I had my MT I was planning on putting sleeves on the center shafts. Just cut the shafts in half, slip each end into a steel tube and weld it up. But I never got around to it.

carp boyz

Banned
thanks a lot for the help,greatly appreciated

when you say upgrade the pins what exactly do you mean,is there better quality pins out there for the redcats?

Deluge

You can get some from McMaster. They're 4x20mm. You could even use a 4mm drill blank and cut them yourself. They'll be much stronger, either way.

carp boyz

Banned
Deluge said:
You can get some from McMaster. They're 4x20mm. You could even use a 4mm drill blank and cut them yourself. They'll be much stronger, either way.
I've got the drill blank already,guess it's times to cut a couple of dozens ;)

didn't think there was that much of a difference from one make of pins to another

carp boyz

Banned
are there any axle boots available out there for the redcat,sure wouldn't hurt any,anything to slow down the wear and tear

with all these gears,diffs and dogbones there's enough slop as is

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts