• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Where to get metal gear set for MT

turbogolf

Hi all, new to the forum, great site! Quick question, where is the best place to purchase a set of metal gears for the MT? I just purchased a MT V1 with upgrade + DDM pipe from Dave's motors and looking forward to making the first upgrade with the gears. I've read quite a few posts here and it seems to me that there are different versions/quality of these metal gears. Your inputs are greatly appreciated. :)

turbogolf

Thanks kryptonite! I was thinking of getting the gears from rampagehopups. Are these the so called "Homoto" gears?

rob64n

Contributor
do you know if they have weeded out the bad batch? i was just at large scale monday and all they have is ones with the narrow teeth

rob64n

Contributor
there was a post where i think rob was showing difference of first batch to the second better batch and of coarse those would be the ones i want

RampageHopUps

The gears are sold out for about 2 weeks. That weeded out the bad batch unfortunately. The new ones should all have the correct hardness.

Clubin

Banned
RampageHopUps said:
The new ones should all have the correct hardness.
Homoto told me there never was a problem? It was the way I was breaking them in. I kept telling them that there was somthing wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts