• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

When Good Bearings go bad

Cajun

I had taken apart all 4 of my Hubs and found this lovely hot mess on one of them goes to show why I will be ordering the 7075rc rear hubs soon.

RAMJET

I had the same problem and I must agree that the 7075 with the bigger bearings would be the best way to fix the problem ,being cheap I simply tried some boca bearings first and am now up to 3 gallons with no problems . if I can get 5 gallons of hard racing on the stock size bearings I would expect to replace them at that point anyway, boca replacements only costing $29 shipped for the whole car kit..it gives guys another viable option.so far I am happy . I don't mind replacing $29 in bearings every 5 gallons but my stockers were gone in 1-1/2 tanks,the stock diff bearings went in about 6 tanks.I don't think the whole problem is the fact the bearings are too small though they could have been bigger ,the factory bearings are just poor quality. Roger

Cajun

I haven't even started to explore the Rest of the Bearings on my ride, Guess I need to look at the manual and see what all has bearings so I can take them apart and check them on a peridoc basis

mavrick813

RAMJET said:
I had the same problem and I must agree that the 7075 with the bigger bearings would be the best way to fix the problem ,being cheap I simply tried some boca bearings first and am now up to 3 gallons with no problems . if I can get 5 gallons of hard racing on the stock size bearings I would expect to replace them at that point anyway, boca replacements only costing $29 shipped for the whole car kit..it gives guys another viable option.so far I am happy . I don't mind replacing $29 in bearings every 5 gallons but my stockers were gone in 1-1/2 tanks,the stock diff bearings went in about 6 tanks.I don't think the whole problem is the fact the bearings are too small though they could have been bigger ,the factory bearings are just poor quality. Roger
Or Boca in the 7075 carriers. ;) Yeahh Buddy!

Mike

twissted

Banned
Up grades!

I have up graded the fallowing and find the more you do, the more you push and so the repacement is part of having fun. I replaced the bearings with SS bearings and bought the redcat billet axle carriers. I also run a much more powerfull motor! The batteries are 11.1v and 40c with 70 burst 5000. They don't last any longer, But you should see what 60 mph looks like in a buggy this size!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cajun

LOL 60 mph is insane for these trucks. truck is down right now waiting on Kill switch and Throttle servo(orginal throttle servo) I went cheap and just replaced the hubs from redcat with new bearings, seems to be holding up good so far. but will be replacing them during the summer

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts