• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Whats the different in radios/ servos

johnson7454

seems like everyone is jumping from am/fm to the 2.4's. Whats the difference and whats the pros. My servos are hitech 645mg and 805bb for the steering. Would i have any problems with any radio i choose? I would like just to use a cheap crystal radio. Also are them servos good servos?

wicks-redcat

Banned
servos are good most of us use the 645mg and for stterring we use a hitec 5745 metal gear but that shoould be fine later best to upgrade the 2.4 radio gives you better distance and no interference with nobody you your truck wont go all crazy on you best to have a 3channel fail safe if youo go with the regular radio

johnson7454

so can i run a 2.4 radio with any servos without glitching and interference. Im not trying to sound like a broken record from questions that have already been asked but other questions are usually about certain servos or radios. IM looking for overall usage. The truck came with these servos and would like to keep them since i already have to buy a radio/reciever...I was either looking at the redcat 2.4 radio or the rc4wd 2.4 for a cheap set-up..

hamster huey

Main thing is safety. No glitching, no channel issues. Built in failsafe if out of range or loss of transmitter signal. Performance wise: fast response, long range. I dunno what else. I don't even think about it anymore. They are worth it.Futaba and hitec have good systems out for under 120.

volitan

Ive been using 2.4 since they came out on my rc helicopters...I will never ever go back...no more crystal failing,interferences,the antennas on spectrum sare not 100 foot long either

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts