• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Whats On The Factory Parts- Paint?

BULLDOG1027

I was just wondering what kind of material is on the factory alum parts like the chassis. Paint remover wont touch this stuff. Its a blue substance. Can anyone tell what might work

pipeous

oven cleaner works good too just not the blue canned enviro friendly stuff,

as does hydroflauric acid (I use this for wheel cleaner, well mixed with other stuff),

krashkrieg

Contributor
OOfaaa...hydroflauric...that's some really caustic stuff... :eek:

Go get some Greased Lightning at your local Home D/ Lowes...I did my whole chassis plate with the stuff...No more tacky Gold color for me.... :rolleyes:

pipeous

ya I work with some serious chemicals for sure but when I finish detailing those wheels, even the inside is clean of brake dust... pads are metallic usually, so that brown stuff is rust. acid is the best at cleaning rust. you just can't use it on rims like cragar 5 spokes and the like as it turns them milky, then you have to get out the metal polish

these rims had to be hand polished when I was done

100_0008.jpg

DemonRC

I'd give up one of my kidneys to have that car.

Oh, back to the subject... I really prefer drano crystals over oven cleaner. I used to use oven cleaner and a few times I would have some annodizing stuck in crevices where I had to resubmerge it to get it out. That ended up leaving a pitted eaten away surface on the areas that were over-exposed. Drano crystals does the job just as fast but doesn't leave a pitted finish if left in the solution too long.

One last thing. The smell of a pan full of fresh oven cleaner will flat out knock you on your butt. It's like sticking your nose in an ammonia bottle and taking a deep breathe. The drano has the same smell but not nearly as overpowering.

Last edited by a moderator:

fat49f1

Contributor
pipeous said:
ya I work with some serious chemicals for sure but when I finish detailing those wheels, even the inside is clean of brake dust... pads are metallic usually, so that brown stuff is rust. acid is the best at cleaning rust. you just can't use it on rims like cragar 5 spokes and the like as it turns them milky, then you have to get out the metal polish
these rims had to be hand polished when I was done

100_0008.jpg
Damn pip thats my dream car. :D :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts