• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Whats Breaking next!!!

kdfi

anybody have any test results with the asgaurd truck body? Would like to know how its held up for you.

jigawatt

RampageHopUps said:
it took RPM 2.5 years to come out with arms for the Baja. And that was only when it hit 50K in sales. Don't count on RPM making arms for a few years at least.
I'll be shocked if RPM will even acknowledge the presence of the rampage, or Redcat in general. I talked to them before, and one of their responses was, "because nothing breaks like a traxxas does". Although, it sure would be nice to have some RPM parts on the rampage! I don't know what it takes to get them to be convinced that parts WOULD sell well.

kryptonite

ya.. rpms would be nice. but im just glad that redcat has there own line of upgrades. when the 5b first came out it took some time bfore vendors were making alum parts for it. and when they first came out they cost a fortune!!

yolonda21

Contributor
Well guys I emailed RPM back awhile ago, and here is what they said:

Dear Darryl,

Thank you for contacting us with your suggestion for a-arms for the Redcat Racing 1/5th scale truck and buggy. Unfortunately, distribution for the Redcat vehicles isn't anything like that of HPI. If we see that the Redcat truck is becoming more and more popular and the manufacturer doesn't change the stock parts too often, I'm sure you'll see some RPM support in the future. Unfortunately, I don't know when that may be. Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully it will be sometime soon. However, if you have a damaged a-arm, if you could send it our way or send us some photos, that may help push them into the RPM product line although I can't make you any guarantees.

Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.

jigawatt

I guess its up to us to convince them! Hopefully they see the booming aftermarket for it, maybe that'll help convince them.

kryptonite

it would be funny(for us) if the whole forum sent them an e-mail!! :eek: .. it took almost 3 years to make 5b arms and the 5b took off like a rocket.. i couldnt imagine them evr making stuff for us

jigawatt

start crashing now and pave the future for the rest

jigawatt

gotta get me some new gears, then i'll fire it up and find a few mailboxes... why not be the first? I was one of the firsts to have his rampage in a magazine under a readers rides/rigs and so on :D

I wonder tho... do they realize that more than one company sells these?

Dear Jigawatt
The HPI Baja line was out 2 years before we decided to pursue parts for them. We waited because we needed to make sure that it would be quite popular before we risked building anything for them. HPI is a huge brand name too and is carried by a significant number of distributors and retailers. In order for us to pursue parts for any other brands, we would need to find out how popular those brands are and they would need to see a significant increase in exposure and popularity before we would risk building arms or any other parts for them. Right now, the Baja is all over the magazines and is being exposed outside of the R/C industry. If Redcat or any other manufacturers take on that type of advertising campaign, then there will be the strong potential for RPM to build parts for their vehicles too. I hope this helps clarify our position on this subject.

Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.
So, don't hold your breath!

Last edited by a moderator:

uni-racing

Seems like I'm not the only one breaking here there and everywhere. Well at least the replacement parts are cheaper than most. I recommend all broken pieces get upgraded to aluminum. Once I get all the bugs out, I think all I'll need is to fill up gas again and again and again!!! (hopefully)

RampageHopUps

I know the RPM guys personally, so once there is enough volume, we will talk to them. They go to Miletstone races, so I can visit with them in person and give them samples.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts