• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

what should I do day 1?

FancyPants

RCDAD said:
:confused: length issue?
sorry been talking with Rob offline to get what I needed but here is a pic...I'm going to try and snap another of just the dog bones with a tape measure tomorrow but this was the best that I could get them lined up together.the dogbone on the right "driver side" was sitting in the coupling on the very edge...but looking at all the other dog bones and couplings, the dog bone is sitting snug in the middle of the coupling...but this one seemed like when the shock was compressed and I gave it gas the dog bone would slip out of the coupling at the diff on the front end. I'll snap some photos as stated before later tomorrow, have some things to get done around the house. thanks for all the help guys! photo.jpg

photo.jpg

/monthly_2012_12/photo.jpg.03110b47bb861c900cf3f7e52d4293c0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

andyken

FancyPants said:
sorry been talking with Rob offline to get what I needed but here is a pic...I'm going to try and snap another of just the dog bones with a tape measure tomorrow but this was the best that I could get them lined up together.the dogbone on the right "driver side" was sitting in the coupling on the very edge...but looking at all the other dog bones and couplings, the dog bone is sitting snug in the middle of the coupling...but this one seemed like when the shock was compressed and I gave it gas the dog bone would slip out of the coupling at the diff on the front end. I'll snap some photos as stated before later tomorrow, have some things to get done around the house. thanks for all the help guys!
I had a issue with my Xb knuckles when I changed bearings. The button head screw was loctited very well, the "nut" was spinning. I got one out by touching a soldering iron to the screw. The heat loosen the loctite. The worst one I ended up using a dremel to cut the head of the screw off. After that I was able to get it out, and replaced the screw. removing the axle helps get a hold of it.

The dog bone/cvd does look short? Not sure what to say.

On the LHS thing, I've run into that too. One guy said he wanted to carry/sell them but never got replies from Redcat. He also said customer support sucked. The main thing Traxxas and HPI have is customer support.

FancyPants

sorry guys got tied up with some family events this weekend...but hope I can get some other pics together for you guys for better inspection...hell I'm thinking at this point just to order all the parts and replace the whole front "driver side" then use the tactic's that a few of you have recommended.

update though we did go out to the BMX track this weekend was thrilled beyond belief XT was running 3 wheel drive...still impressed the heck out of me! the torment after the gearing change and throttle change also impressed me awesome little spot we have found to get some good bashing/non-official racing in...absolute blast.

but I'm done for the night see you fellas tomorrow!

G

Glad to hear you were still able to tear it up! They are a blast to drive.

FancyPants

does anyone know of a good replacement for the joint tubing from the exhaust port to the pipe...I think its silicone. was thinking of running to the auto store later and seeing what they had...but I'll take any recommendations. also looks like its a 1in diameter on the outer and about 5/8's of an in for the inner opening.

FancyPants

this type of service I'm about to share is why I will be a redcat customer for a long time to come...Thanks Billy - http://puu.sh/1zxwH

I took out my email address and last names...but anyways hope everyone gets to have this type of run-in with RedCat

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday , December 10, 2012 01:39 pm MST (GMT-07:00)

Subject: CVD too short

I apologize for the issues Brent. Yes, please send me the pictures you have directly to my email address at [email protected] with "Case in the subject line. I will check them out and let you know what we can do.

Sent: Monday , December 10, 2012 02:45 pm MST (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for the pictures Brent. I will get some replacements sent out to you ASAP.

Sent: Monday , December 10, 2012 02:48 pm MST (GMT-07:00)

Awesome thanks do I need to send the bad parts back?

Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 4:07 PM

Subject: - CVD too short

Update for - "CVD too short"

No problem! Don't worry about sending anything back, just keep the other items for spare or you can discard them.

Click here to update the Case online, or reply to this e-mail

Message History

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts