• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

what should I do day 1?

FancyPants

Rob You hooked me up with some great info...from what you told me about the bearings, locktite and making sure everything is fastened down, is there anything else I should do in prep before the break-in process?

rampagemt

Ya +1 to that can't do any better upgrade from the start. And theb an air filter if your gonna run it in dirt. Servos after that

bob c.

The wheel nuts like to come loose,and you will watch your wheel run away,(mine did that) so I took a dremel tool and made some notches on the back of the nuts so they would grab better on the wheel hub,worked great..

FancyPants

and as I go along I'm sure I will find more tricks like you guys have to make this a beast of a machine, my thing is I like working on them, had everyone over last night taking the Electric, 1/5 scales a part and just tinkering and getting to know our cars a little better...I don't know I just enjoy that with this hobby.

but again thanks for the info...I'm sure plenty of upgrades will follow after I do some breaking in, I'm just anxious to get this thing in my hands!

G

bob c. said:
The wheel nuts like to come loose,and you will watch your wheel run away,(mine did that) so I took a dremel tool and made some notches on the back of the nuts so they would grab better on the wheel hub,worked great..
Good idea.

FancyPants

bob c. said:
do you have any pics to show how you made the notches?

G

This is what your after.

-

FancyPants

So I'm in my LHS a couple of days ago (after I purchased the XT) and I'm looking at servo upgrades just to see what was in stock, and they ask me what I was putting it on, so I told them it was a rampage XT.

workers reaction: Why would you buy that its complete garbage you need to buy a Losi blah blah blah...and I basically ignored it just because of my own research and I figured since he doesn't stock redcat, HPI, Exceed...only the traxxas and Losi items.

is there another reason that LHS around here don't like redcats? is it the parts availability? or just his personal vendetta against redcat?

so as I'm listening to him tell me what a bad mistake I was making another regular walks in and the worker ask him what he thinks of the redcat

customers reaction: they are fine...parts are hard to get local but nothing you can't find online...just like any RC you could get a dud or you could get one that doesn't have any issues and be almost perfect right out of the box.

The LHS worker: not to pleased with the answer continued on about how I should just save up and buy a 5T...I guess I'm just looking for why would they denounce this brand...

I mean to me looking at traxxas comparisons (1/10 models) and Redcat...the redcat looks more durable vs the plastic everything. just wanted to know what you guys thought of this interaction.

G

I mean to me looking at traxxas comparisons (1/10 models) and Redcat...the redcat looks more durable vs the plastic everything. just wanted to know what you guys thought of this interaction.
It is only because they don't carry the Redcat line. They want your business.

RampageHopUps

The LHS can not make enough money on the Redcats. They want a huge profit for the vehicle and then continuous profit in broken parts. Its just not there for the Redcats.

G

Retail space gets expensive. Still gotta support 'em when you can.

bob c.

Yep that's kinda what it looked like dad just not as pro.as yours,I would like to get some like that

FancyPants

alright well here is the first issue I have ran into...second tank of gas...but noticed it before I went out and figured eh what the hell...anyways the front left axle pops out of the drive coupling for the front gear box. its weird look at all the other axles and couplings and they are seated about 1/2 in in the center...but this one is right on the outside edge. well started to investigate and took the axle out to inspect, well I cannot get the knuckle off...the two screws that that hold the axle assembly at the wheel together will not budge well the little hex nuts on the inside are just free spinning. my guess is I just need a hole new left front axle, knuckle...I don't know I have attached a picture for your viewing pleasure...if there is a way to fix my issue let me know...if not well where the heck to I buy all these pieces?ok so a little update as well...buddy pulled his off of his XSC and mine is about 1/8th in smaller...maybe a little more....but all of my other axles look good.

part.jpg

part.jpg

/monthly_2012_12/part.jpg.6a7fdbf215b0256cd9ccde7382a980f6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

The little hex piece is supposed to be pressed into the plastic housing and the hex keeps it from turning. The factory may have used too much loctite when they did it.

The folks on the left side will have the parts. Or PM me and I will get them for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts