• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What radio do you use?

Ruffy

I am ok with the stock junker radio that came with my Redcat, but when i use to race RC I always used high end radios. I was a Futaba fan and also liked the Airtronics line as well. But When I was getting out of the hobby it seemed that the radios got way out of control. I think some of them even come with a coffee maker! I think the last radio I had was a Airtronics M8 and a Futaba 3PJ but both these got really hard to understand all the options.

Deluge

I use an Airtronics MX-Sport. I was using a Spektrum DX2.0 and I loved it, but I wanted a 3 channel system. So far the MX-Sport is pretty awesome.

Also, I agree. Radio systems these days are intense. They have more settings than you'll probably ever need. The manuals are getting pretty lengthy, as well. The Futaba 4PKS manual is about 130 pages long. Yeah, no thanks. The MX-Sport manual is about 25 pages long. I can live with that.

G

I use the Flysky GT3B. It is not an upper end radio, but it works great. Awesome range, good feel and easy to program. Best of all is the cost under $40 and receivers are $7. It supports up to 10 cars. Alot of guys use them and will agree it is the best bang for the buck.

Courage68

i use 3 first gen Spektrum DX3 radios and one of the new DX3 E's for my e-maxx , had them for years and i love them.

heres what the first DX3's looked like

F29FOPGF04FMX4F.MEDIUM.jpg

Trickle007

Contributor
RCDAD said:
I use the Flysky GT3B. It is not an upper end radio, but it works great. Awesome range, good feel and easy to program. Best of all is the cost under $40 and receivers are $7. It supports up to 10 cars. Alot of guys use them and will agree it is the best bang for the buck.
Ya I love my Futaba 3pm but receivers are costly 80 a pop

Ildy666

+1flysky gt3b i got one when they first came out still holding up well.no problems and $25 i think i paid more for shipping then the radio..lol..

Keith81

used to use a flkysky but I just sold my mt pro that had the flysky on it. now Im using a stock dsm-2c....

might get another flysky down the road...

rcgasser

Spacey said:
I use a Sanwa M11 2.4 Ghz. Great radio.
Yes that is a nice radio but running a 35 min mains that radio fells like a brick in my hands.

Ruffy

RCDAD said:
I have looked at that radio many times because of the nice LCD display. As for upper end I think that radio meets them requirements! Distance is good and accuracy is great and that's what makes a good radio. Plus it looks like the dsm 's controller just a couple of notches up. I think I am sold on it!

chadj1980

I have 3 flyskt gt3 and love them... Looks good feels good and for 40 bucks you have a nice controller.. Plus I like the fact that I can buy 10 rec. For under 75 dollars.. That's what most cost for one..

racetruck

I have the spectrum DX3 i had alot of problems with the receivers first one went bad ( had a run away ) the new receiver had a range of 100 feet number 2 range 120 feet then the rep for spectrum took my radio and both receivers to there shop and repaired the radio and receivers now they work just fine :eek:

brio

Why 3???

chadj1980 said:
I have 3 flyskt gt3 and love them... Looks good feels good and for 40 bucks you have a nice controller.. Plus I like the fact that I can buy 10 rec. For under 75 dollars.. That's what most cost for one..
Do you need that many radios because of how many RCs you have, over 30?

brio

I used to use the stock flysky DSM2 that came with the XT but then I switched to Futaba 3PM 2.4gz because I always had it but it was not installed. Used that for a few months then started having range issues with it so then back to the stock flysky DSM2 radio, works fine. I'm really interested in getting that flysky GT3B. Only negative I heard was issues with the throttle/brake trigger breaking. Anyone here have this problem?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts