• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What are the bearing size on the diff plate???

98cruiser

I have an MT, ive seen where the bearings on the (diff) gear plate seeze up and the melt and break the plate, instead of buying an aluminum plate (trying to stay light), Ill try upgrading the bearings first, looks like it's three, what size do I need to look for??? thanks guys!!!!!! :D

BertR

You need four 22x8x7 and one 26x10x8 and one 22x10x7 that is the hard to find one or you can get the set at largescale for under 20 bucks

BertR

I saw that as well... thats a good deal on the whole monty lol I would pick up that and do everything and have pice of mind or use part # 1070 and get the plate set to save on cash now and pay more later when you need everything.

98cruiser

BertR said:
You need four 22x8x7 and one 26x10x8 and one 22x10x7 that is the hard to find one or you can get the set at largescale for under 20 bucks
Thanks guys, but who do I know if they are the same quality as redcat or better when it doesn't say the manufature's name like (fasteddy)ect... it just says bearing kit

BertR

They blow redcat out of the water on durability and are just as good as fasteddy. I am running that bearing set and have had no problems yet with massive run time on them. In my opinion don't pass up a deal on them that is this good

98cruiser

BertR said:
I saw that as well... thats a good deal on the whole monty lol I would pick up that and do everything and have pice of mind or use part # 1070 and get the plate set to save on cash now and pay more later when you need everything.
will #1070 from largescalerc replace all the bearings in the diff plate??? I thought it was three bearings total??? maybe im wrong, how many are just on the plate

andyken

98cruiser said:
I have an MT, ive seen where the bearings on the (diff) gear plate seeze up and the melt and break the plate, instead of buying an aluminum plate (trying to stay light), Ill try upgrading the bearings first, looks like it's three, what size do I need to look for??? thanks guys!!!!!! :D
Also, the type pf shield makes a difference.

There is metal, teflon, rubber etc.

Rubber seems better to keep dirt out.

jeffp83

I changed over my entire truck to these KML bearings found on eBay.. here's the 22 x 8 x 7 but they do carry all the sizes we need.

They work great, they're rubber sealed and dirt cheap.

98cruiser

jeffp83 said:
I changed over my entire truck to these KML bearings found on eBay.. here's the 22 x 8 x 7 but they do carry all the sizes we need.They work great, they're rubber sealed and dirt cheap.
thanks Jeff, but are those the correct size for the axels?? what size do I need?

98cruiser

jeffp83 said:
I changed over my entire truck to these KML bearings found on eBay.. here's the 22 x 8 x 7 but they do carry all the sizes we need.They work great, they're rubber sealed and dirt cheap.
Thanks jeff, just ordered 8 for my MT!! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts