• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Welp, Not the best news.. New XB

OzarkXB

I received my XB Monday of this week, tried to get her running that night to no avail. Took out the sparkplug, noticed no burnt fuel. Checked the coil, it was good. Today I went and bought a couple NGK sparkplugs.. She fired right up but ran very sporadically for about six seconds then died. Called redcat made sure factory carb settings were correct. They were a hair off, started it up again, ran about twenty seconds then came to an abrupt halt with the redcat employee on the line.. Go to pull it again, handle broke while I was pulling it; cut me pretty good and it is seized.

So I pulled the motor in prep to send it back to redcat tomorrow. Pretty down although I was glad to see they are readily available to help their customers.. I wish they came with NGKs upon initial purchase.. If they replace the motor no harm no fowl, it is my first redcat so I wont let it speak entirely for their quality assurance.

Sounded pretty mean for the thirty seconds I was able to hear it run lol.. Servos, gears, and all other functions are in order as far as I could tell.

rcgasser

Did you check to see if the coil came down on the flywheel? I can not imagine that it would seize from just 30 seconds of running.

claude bigelow

I had that problem with the coil on my MT, but a quick fix with a biz card and a dab of loctite blue and I was up and running. Just my .02

OzarkXB

I was away from the house on business for a few days so I sent it into redcat before leaving, & seeing these replies. I will update everyone on what they find, it was very odd to me as well, but the tech was on the phone with me when it happened, and he made no mention of that as a possibility so I just sent it on in.

scottphenom

Rally XB Fail

Got a new rally XB from ebay two days ago. I did all the break in required items. Car ran great first day, now it won't run. Well let me go back... it will run without the air cleaner, and if you put the body on it dies. I haven't called redcat as yet, but I'm really disappointed.

BertR

Take the free open air area's around the bottom of the body and do the math for square inch and do the same with the bore of the carb....the body isn't killing the engine from choking it from air. The carb is way out of tune and is causing it to run for a little bit and then fowl's out by the time you get the body on..I had a similar issue a few years back so I think it may be too rich or idle screw.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts