• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

walbro WT-990 or WT-1107

BertR

Ice_2k said:
at that price, I'm guessing it doesn't have the sealed bearings?
Depends on what outfit you buy it from....looks like a Gizmo price

Ildy666

Man all the carbs. I have and use I never noticed a difference with the shaft having bearings or not.but u can buy 2 carbs for the price of the modded carb.

phreerider

990 is simple and easy and the widest of performance . Shaft bearing is a tidy step and helps maintain seal longer . ...like a life time. I buy the regular they are solid well into 500 hours and can leak ... Have not noticed it either. .

BertR

My opinion....no its not worth the big price! Like @Ildy666 said you can buy 2 wt-990's for that price! I bet the 2 carbs will out last the high dollar carburetor by a year.

Ice_2k

Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'm gonna go with the non-sealed one as well.

Ice_2k

What engine are you considering the WT-1107 for? I have the 32cc and I'm not sure if the WT-1107 will be ok for it.

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
What engine are you considering the WT-1107 for? I have the 32cc and I'm not sure if the WT-1107 will be ok for it.
Wish I could find the link to the thread but someone tried the 1107 on an engine other than the G320rc and went back to the 990 for performance issue. I believe it was a G290 though not a 32cc.

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
You mean this? http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150607. He does say he's returning to the 990 but then he comes back and says the low needle was incorrectly tuned.
Yeah that's the thread. Good to think that the 1107 could be use for other engines! Now the question is how much more will we get compare to the 990 if any (genuine question)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

walbro WT-990 or WT-1107

Well, in theory you're right. My particular issue is that, living so far away from the US, it's an absolute nightmare to get stuff here, must have someone there to get it to me and so on. And that's why I'm trying to get as much info from the start, because later on I can't just run to the closest hobby store and get what I need. Anyway, from what I read, absolutely everybody says the 990 is way better than the 668, so sticking with the stock option is not something I'll do.

RampageHopUps

Keep in mind we aren't really sure the stock 32cc is a 668 carb. I would have to get Eric Hill or one of he engine guys to take the carb apart and see what the differences are.

Ice_2k

Crap :) Another thing to take into consideration. Oh well, given my shipping restraints, I'm just gonna get the 1107 now and hope for the best :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts