• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Walbro WT-990 disappointed.

Stygian

Banned
redthomas said:
Yes.. it can kill fire to the motor preventing it from starting..have you tried a shot of ether in the Carb. Or a shot of gas.if it fires then the carbs not getting fuel to the motor. If it doesn't fire then bypass the fail safe and try again. Also did you make sure your plug is gapped correctly,just cause its a new plug doesn't mean its right.. Those are really the only 3 factors in a 2 stroke running. One last thing. I had a instance once where my throttle got reversed. I pulled for 30 mins wandering what was wrong cause mine start easy every time. Turned out. That little bit of forward throttle the servo gave the truck to start, when reversed it was killing the truck. Good luck, if all else fails take it to your local lawnmower shop.
Will try this tomorrow as it's kinda late now to be trying to fire it up last thing I need is the cops being called lol. I'm sure I will get it and thanks for all the useful tips.

andyken

I bet if you do my filter off hand choke it'll start, just a pain.

Just make sure nothing gets sucked in with filter off...

I plan on trying the bag trick soon.

Once started the 990 is awesome.

Stygian

Banned
andyken said:
I bet if you do my filter off hand choke it'll start, just a pain.Just make sure nothing gets sucked in with filter off...

I plan on trying the bag trick soon.

Once started the 990 is awesome.
Going to try what you do in the morning it's too late now

RampageCrazy26cc

Stygian said:
Going to try what you do in the morning it's too late now
cant wait to hear if it works or not.

seeing how much trouble your haveing is making me think about not getting a 990 carb now

Last edited by a moderator:

Stygian

Banned
RampageCrazy26cc said:
cant wait to hear if it works or not.seeing how much trouble your haveing is making me think about not getting a 990 carb now
If the hand trick works, it's not that big of a hassle with this filter has you can just slap it on and tighten down the clamp in just a few seconds.

RampageCrazy26cc

Stygian said:
If the hand trick works, it's not that big of a hassle with this filter has you can just slap it on and tighten down the clamp in just a few seconds.
true.i have my finger crossed

rampagemt

You guys ever think of throwing a plastic bag over air filter with a rubber band? Works like a dream. Also if correctly tuned it will start really easy!!!

blak__jak

I've got 990's on both my m/t and d/r. I used to use the bag trick to get them started and it worked fine but now with hpi filters on both all I do now is spray a short burst of quick start on the filter, don't over do it, and both of them will fire up within a couple of pulls. I don't know if this is considered a good practice or not but it works for me.

Greggfromohio

blak__jak said:
I've got 990's on both my m/t and d/r. I used to use the bag trick to get them started and it worked fine but now with hpi filters on both all I do now is spray a short burst of quick start on the filter, don't over do it, and both of them will fire up within a couple of pulls. I don't know if this is considered a good practice or not but it works for me.
I don't see a problem with using quick start as long as it a small amount. But one problem with spraying it on the filter is that you are washing the oil off of the filters and possibly forcing dirt through them.

Shalako

blak__jak said:
What brand of quick start do you use?

Stygian

Banned
I love you guys, I put my hand over the stock second pull it wanted to pop the third pull it popped took my hand off second pull it fired up and boy is that sucker loud sounded so sweet. Thanks all for your help and support.

Stygian

Banned
rcgasser said:
That is correct any problems with the 990 starting the carb is not tuned right because once its tuned it cranks very easily and screams.
This is incorrect, because with what you're saying with a factory setting it should fire right up.

Stygian

Banned
Nice, after I get the wheels and the other odds and ends back on it, I will try that, I'm just happy to know it wasn't a bad carb.

Sergio

Stygian said:
Nice, after I get the wheels and the other odds and ends back on it, I will try that, I'm just happy to know it wasn't a bad carb.
Man i had trouble with The 990 when i first got it but after i got The hang of it was all good

Stygian

Banned
Sergio said:
Man i had trouble with The 990 when i first got it but after i got The hang of it was all good
Yeah, it started this morning with the hand trick no problem. going to order another carb air filter and what not too for the XB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts