• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

walbro 990 carb

Erik J.

I just got my 990 carb and it seems to leak a little bit of fuel by the throttle link on the carb. is this normal?

krashkrieg

Contributor
Huh, I noticed this too after a tank or two when I got my 990...Running in dusty conditions, I saw little bit of wetness around the throttle shaft on the throttle side....hopefully this is common....has been cleaned so no pic avail now.

Deluge

Some seepage is normal. As long as the throttle shaft doesn't have any play, it'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erik J.

here is a picture of the fuel leak.it dried up but the sand you can stil see.so this is normal?there is no play in the throttle shaft.

20120501_194239.jpg

20120501_194239.jpg

/monthly_2012_05/20120501_194239.jpg.4e965fc31fd50b6f1b85fb22b55df865.jpg

Dude!

I do not mind people making a profit. Specially on this scale, but after finding the spark plugs for the stock motor cheaper than a McDonalds happy meal....

Thanks for the links. How is therapy coming? I read what happened to you on another post. Hang in there brother. In my line of work, I've seen worst.

Wish you the best to you and your family.

savagekiller

Got the 990 installed and here's my problem... When I hold down the throttle it Boggs out, doesn't matter what I set the needles at, it just Boggs out.

When I partially cup my hand over the intake, and hold the truck in place, it will fully throttle up. I know I have an air leak somewhere... I've tightened the two screws inside the intake cup as far as they will go. Any tighter and I'm sure I'll crack the plastic. Tried wiggling the intake and carb, and I don't see any gaps.

I'm thinking it's the gasket between the intake and the carb??? But I want to know what you guys think before I spend more money.

the1320god

savagekiller said:
I have the aluminum manifold, Teflon gaskets, and 990 carb.... Only thing stock is the air filter and the gasket connected to it.
Did u have to cut any of the screws that hold on the intake or the Carb? I had to cut 3 of them. The 2 that hold on the Carb and one of the ones that holds on the intake. And the intake one u could barely tell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts