• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

turtle racing pullstart v1

rchobby89

is the tr v1 pullstart any good I just won one on ebay for 40$ is it worth that or did I waste money on nothing

Ildy666

$40 is a great price they go for $129 all i here is good things about them.i use the cheap pull starts i can't see spending $129 for a pull start but $40 i would spend u got a great deal.let us know how it works out for you...

rchobby89

thanks I thought I read some were there were promblems with um but I didn't know ther went for 130 bucks there was another one on ebay I dnt know if it ended or not but it was on there yesterday

jeffp83

I have one of the v1's and i really like it.... looks great and the smaller holes in it help keep the grass/rocks/etc from coming into the flywheel area. I did change the pull start rope to a killer rc steel rope and thus far it has been a bulletproof setup for me.

G

Ildy666 said:
$40 is a great price they go for $129 all i here is good things about them.i use the cheap pull starts i can't see spending $129 for a pull start but $40 i would spend u got a great deal.let us know how it works out for you...
They are pricey for sure. Have you ever tried one? I had the V1 just for looks so I was in no need for the V2. I had a friend tell me how much easier they pull. My v1 was in need of a rebuild as the plastic sheath was peeling off the steel cable.

I went and ordered a V2 after being talked into it by my buddy. He was right. It makes tugging the OBR FMLR much easier. This is one of those items that you truly are getting what you paid for.

G

rchobby89 said:
is the tr v1 pullstart any good I just won one on ebay for 40$ is it worth that or did I waste money on nothing
40 buck is a good price even for the old style. The plastic disposable pull starts are $40 at the LHS.

G

nitrobashin said:
As long as u r willing to rebuild pullstarts, u should be fine.
Not one of my favorite things to do.

rchobby89

we'll I needed to buy a pullstart any way so at least it looks better the the plastic ones and the air holes are smaller so I'm hoping it will help stop stuff getting in the flywheel

rampage idiot

I never saw or used a v1 but I was not real happy to spend the money on a v2 but now that I have it couldnt live without it, the only input I had was from RCDAD he is correct they kick butt and to answer your question the only rebuild parts I see out there are for v2

G

Yep, that's it. TR still supports their earlier models.

G

The V2 was a 100% redesign. It's more complex. Still worth every penny IMO.

Deluge

Not necessarily a complete redesign. I was working on my bro's chainsaw the other day, and the pull start mechanism was very similar to the Turtle pull start. Still a cool setup, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts