• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Transparrent body!! MOST WANTED!

k.jensen

hi.

the biggest wish of them all that I've got for at hopup part is a transparrent bodyshell so u can make your own look on your body. the stock body is also really thin so a 2mm poly carbonate body (like the ones u can get for most largescale rc cars) is most wanted.

it's a bit problematic with 2 green XB's on the same track, from distance it's almost impossible to see a difference.

cordy

Yes I know its hard to see my green one on our track with other green xb`s,so I used different colored wheels or I made lexan wheel covers,and I painted the gear cover. 100_0272.jpg 100_0270.jpg

k.jensen

nice job cordy, but still, a transparent body would be the best Idea of them all.

costum paintjob, mmmmh niice!

foxys

I have to agree, a clear body would be awesome. I HATE having the same paint job as anyone else.

xbeNewb

Agreed

Clear body for xb and xb-e would be great

I've been looking at mcd, fg and even hurrax bodies but they are expensive

Anyone know if the xb body is pre-trimmed if I order an extra body from Redcat?

Thinking about getting the green xb body for my xb-e but I don't want big holes in it for the gears, pull start etc

Bill_G

Anyone tried stripping the factory paint job? There are a few different methods such as oven cleaner, brake fluid and mineral spirits. Do NOT use acetone. It will melt the surface of a lot of plastics. I had a pre painted body with some tough paint on it. Mineral spirits worked great and didn't harm the plastic.

xbeNewb

I see the clear body is now listed on Redcat as out of stock so I'm guessing it's just a matter of time now

I emailed them for an eta but no response yet

foxys

I talked to Chris and yes they are getting them, and no, no idea when. Patience. I'll be happy if I can get one next spring to have my local artist do his thing with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts