• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

to all xt guys.... feedback?

tsudo5th

I have an MT right now and love it but want another 5th. I want your opinion on the xt compared to MT. Is it more nimble and fast ect? Pros and cons of xt. Thanks for any feedback.

G

Has a few more week spots. All can be addressed with hopups. The Xseries is a lighter platform so it is quicker.

454chad

i have both and and love them the xt is a awesome truck super fast you will like it just put the few hopups needed and your good to go

Deluge

The X series eats bearings. You'll need to upgrade to 7075RC hardware, out of the box. The tires are an issue, as well. Specifically the tire foams. So, you'll need to replace them often, or go with some Baja adapters and run Baja tires/wheels (Which, in my opinion, kills the monster truck look). The servos will need to be replaced, too, just like the MT.

G

The XT tires and foams are not as bad as the xb/xbe. They should be ok for a while.

If you like to jump then the 7075 dif cases would be a good investment.

454chad

tsudo5th said:
How could I find out the axle diameter? They smaller than MT? The square on xb and dunrunner too?
it is the same as a xb a dunerunner is the same as the mt i believe the axle diameter is 10 mm on the xt

G

Every thing. The DR shares suspension and most drive train with the MT.

The XB, XBE, X-SC and XT are share the same platform.

tsudo5th

Wow I am learning a lot thanks guys. I am thinking the xb,xt and x-SC are the same minus body? So dunnrunner is a bit more sturdy?

Deluge

Yes. The X series vehicles are the same platform with minor differences like braces, bodies, bumpers, etc. The Dunerunner is about as durable as an MT.

tsudo5th

Ok now I am crossed between an x series or the runner. I love the durability of the MT platform but want something more nimble and faster. Anyone have an x and a runner?

rcgasser

Yes I do the XB is quicker and more nimble out of the box needs some hop ups and you will have a great light weight buggy. The D/R is more durable out of the box you need a better pipe gear change and a higher clutch spring to have some power gain.

rcgasser

They both drive completely different and handle differently so it would be very hard to pick one but I guess I would have to say the XB because after you do the upgrades its really a blast and there are more hop ups and aftermarket parts for the XB then the D/R. The XB is faster out of the box.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts