• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Titanium Diff gears

forist

Contributor
Titanium Diff gears and pins would be awesome or a pozi lock like they have for the 5B would be cool to. What do u guys think ?

kryptonite

im not to sure about the titamuim diff gears. im not sure if it would sell as its not a part that wears quickly or at all. tho the locked spool would be awsome. hopefully they would come with inset drive cups. to elimanate the pin. vertigo makes one for the 5b. maybe we should drop them a line would make for great drifting.

forist

Contributor
I broke one tooth off one of the small spider gears in the rear diff when the V1 set broke. Had to put it back in like that for now, have to wait till next week to order the set. :( one damn little gear.........

kryptonite

forist said:
I broke one tooth off one of the small spider gears in the rear diff when the V1 set broke. Had to put it back in like that for now, have to wait till next week to order the set. :( one damn little gear.........
ahk!! was it the spider gears in the middle?

forist

Contributor
well one of the pieces from the big gears or the pin broke a tooth off one spider gear. I put it back in just one tooth missing ran it last night for 1/2 a tank and is working good so far. My 30.5 will be here in the next 2 days hope it still holds then.

DemonRC

Ya I don't think the gears are a problem at all. I was f#$%^ furious one day cause a post jumped in my way and broke yet another diff case. Just because I'm self destructive, I lifted my truck waist high off the ground, revved it to WOT and dropped it. I broke 1 rear outdrive shaft clean, fractured the shit outta the other rear outdrive shaft. I landed a little on the rear side so the fronts were still OK. So I did it again but made it land on it's nose. I broke 1 front outdrive shaft, fractured the other front outdrive, and broke the left front axle drive cup on the wheel side not the diff side. I've had plenty of single breakages too. Not as many as Moo but enough. The point is, I have yet to bust a spider gear or a bevel gear. I think the only reason guys have broken them is because the outdrive shaft and/or pin would shatter and metal would jam up in there either busting gears or causing a diff explosion like Moo's

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts