• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tire and whhels

Tormented

I'm going to up grade to a better wheel and tire on my xt but the only ones that I can find are proline a that are way out of my budget. We're can I find a good set of wheels and tires ?

G

Any of the Baja or 5ive wheels fit the 24mm adapters. There are some great black Friday deals going on.

Did you check out DDM? I think they have the split 6s with trenchers on sale.

xscrick

Banned
yes they are,, i bought a set of proline trenchers with wheels in 5t fronts for 119,,that is a savings of 40 or so bucks off of everyone elses price,,,,,and thats for all 4,,,,,, they have desperado wheels too for like 23.00 for a pair of front or rear,,, and hot bodies rodeo tires for same for 25,, so for 100 bucks u could have a full set of tires,,,,,,,,should be here wed,, holiday slows delivery down,,, ddm has been awesome to me,,,,,and if u use a coupon code,,, u can typically save 5 more percent on that,, and shippings free over a 100 bucks

G

Tormented said:
What about combos tires and wheels
That's what DDM has on sale. The split six with trencher mounted.

G

Good price. Just want to make sure it's understood that those are KM, which are copies.

rcgasser

Yes they are clones and the foams are very soft and allow to much ballooning and if you don't have hd bead locks the bed locks will have pull through on the screws from too much ballooning.

Tormented

With Christmas coming is there a site that some one might be selling a used set in good condition. The set on eBay sound great but I'm not going to spend that kind of cash just have problems right from the start

G

I'd search the Baja and Losi 5ive forums. I'm always look'n on HBF for goodies. :D

andyken

RCDAD said:
Good price. Just want to make sure it's understood that those are KM, which are copies.
Yes they are clones [should've said that], but so far so good, no problems.

I did notice they are softer than the real ones, but not too much ballooning.

But so far my xb tops out around 40mph....maybe if it was faster they would balloon more.

Thought of changing the foam, but I"m happy with them so far.

andyken

Tormented said:
With Christmas coming is there a site that some one might be selling a used set in good condition. The set on eBay sound great but I'm not going to spend that kind of cash just have problems right from the start
Maybe I got lucky with my set, but after about 1 1/2 gallons of bashing, hard cornering under power they are fine.

rcgasser

When I raned them on anything with the stock motor they were just fine no problems but if I put them on any truck with some power and a tuned pipe then look out.

xscrick

Banned
trenchers finally here

got my new proline trenchers mounted to split six wheels from ddm today,,,,,, holy crap,,,, they drawf the stock wheels,,,,i have a older 1/8th scale ofna monster blazer,, bigger than those even,,,,,,,,,, now for more upgrades,, anyone know how long of a wait there is for parts from 7075rc???,, intested in all the hub parts front and rear and wheel adapter.. maybe redcat will make these stock,,,,, hmm proline trenchers stock,, sounds like a good idea,,,,,,,

G

They are a 5t size tire, so yeah they're tall. :D

G

anyone know how long of a wait there is for parts from 7075rc???
If they're on the shelf, they ship fast. If the parts are in the machining process, then obviously a bit longer. Send him a PM he will get back to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts