• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tight Diffs

csp1971

Contributor
I just rebuilt my front and rear diffs. They seem really, really tight turning them by hand. I used 3k diff fluid in the front and 5k in the rear. Any suggestions? Will they loosen up as I run them or is it no big deal?

I took them apart and checked that everything was good, nothing missed, nothing misaligned.

hamster huey

Mine have never been rebuilt. I thought the same thing as you that it seems odd I can barely turn them by hand. Truck drives well though.

csp1971

Contributor
Cool, thanks Huey. I'll put everything back in place then!

hamster huey

I had to replace the case #50007 that the assembled diff sits in. When I had it apart I turned one ouput shaft by hand. It was super stiff but I knew it worked before I took it apart so I put it togther and it still works. Myabe someone else knows more about it than me. On my 1.8 scales after a bit of running the diff always loosens up as the fluids get more use. Thats my experience though. After you drive can you let me know if the weight you used made a big difference positve or negative?

kryptonite

i couldnt spin mine by hand either. it losened up, but its just weird how that is. im runing 3k up front and 7k in the rear

yolonda21

Contributor
There is a metal sleeve in the plastic diff case that the diff cup slides threw, I beleive this is what causes the stiffness.....at frist. After a few runs they loosen right up....☻

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts