• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The RC Addiction...

Deluge

I blew some cash this week.

E-Maxx Brushless Edition - $589.98

Airtronics MX-Sport Radio - $89.99

Airtronics Receiver (2nd) - $59.99

Castle Link Programmer Adapter - $21.89

Zenoah 28.5 4-Bolt Engine - $261.25

Grand Total - $1,023.10

What's this "buyers remorse" everyone talks about?

Round 2 is next week.

PISTOL PETE

lmao! my wife gives me the evil eye every time she sees me walk in from the mailbox with a package. i just tell her i don't know who keeps sending me all these parts :confused: i don't think shes buying it though lol:D

macs

In the past two weeks I have spent a little over $1200. Wife hasn't said to much though. Since I am kinda reintroducing myself to this hobby my 5 yo daughter is showing some extreme interest so I started piecing her something together and my wife said" please don't go overboard". So I guess she is tightening the chain on that one.

island

PISTOL PETE said:
lmao! my wife gives me the evil eye every time she sees me walk in from the mailbox with a package. i just tell her i don't know who keeps sending me all these parts :confused: i don't think shes buying it though lol:D
Lmao!!! had the same problem know i have it shipped at my office:D

Ron E

Contributor
Deluge said:
I blew some cash this week.E-Maxx Brushless Edition - $589.98

Airtronics MX-Sport Radio - $89.99

Airtronics Receiver (2nd) - $59.99

Castle Link Programmer Adapter - $21.89

Zenoah 28.5 4-Bolt Engine - $261.25

Grand Total - $1,023.10

What's this "buyers remorse" everyone talks about?

Round 2 is next week.
dude, i love the 3908 emaxx brushless edition, i had one and had to sell it to fund rampig#2... but i sure miss it. i'm thinking about getting a summit now, hmmm. how's the emaxx been for ya now that you've had it for a while?

how's that zen 28.5? i need a new motor for the xt i own but havn't seen in person yet :D

summit or new motor & pipe for the xt??? i'm thinking summit and upgrade the xt later, but what do i know...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Ron E said:
dude, i love the 3908 emaxx brushless edition, i had one and had to sell it to fund rampig#2... but i sure miss it. i'm thinking about getting a summit now, hmmm. how's the emaxx been for ya now that you've had it for a while?how's that zen 28.5? i need a new motor for the xt i own but havn't seen in person yet :D

summit or new motor & pipe for the xt??? i'm thinking summit and upgrade the xt later, but what do i know...
The E-Maxx is a beast. I love it. Plenty of power, and I'm still running the factory NiMH's.

The Zen is awesome. It's not ported or modified. I just replaced the third bearing with a seal, and beat it from there. When the head finally dies, I'll have a good crank case to work with.

I've never owned a Summit, but I've read good things.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Deluge said:
The Zen is awesome. It's not ported or modified. I just replaced the third bearing with a seal, and beat it from there.
What's the third bearing? I only counted 2 when putting my engine together.

alfred e numan

the r-c bug has bit me too!

Yea, the r-c is a great way to get wild running a car and not get hurt! I have a mint condition Hafler 9505 lateral mosfet power amp that just sets- I am a tube guy anyways- I am going to put this hi-end stereo amp on e-bay- start out at $700.00 usd and see--- I want to get a DDM 5b ss no engine for the sand dunes, Oregon coast- Moses Lake Washingtons dunes, Juniper dunes north of tri-cites washington- If the amp sells- i will use the box the XB came in to double box the 9505 for shipping to save more money for the 5b.

Deluge

krashkrieg said:
What's the third bearing? I only counted 2 when putting my engine together.
The G290 comes with an additional crank shaft bearing. It's on the clutch side. It has the standard open bearing inside the crank case, and a rubber sealed bearing outside the crank case. The rubber sealed bearings have been known to leak, so I just replaced it with a standard crank case seal.

Deluge

alfred e numan said:
Yea, the r-c is a great way to get wild running a car and not get hurt! I have a mint condition Hafler 9505 lateral mosfet power amp that just sets- I am a tube guy anyways- I am going to put this hi-end stereo amp on e-bay- start out at $700.00 usd and see--- I want to get a DDM 5b ss no engine for the sand dunes, Oregon coast- Moses Lake Washingtons dunes, Juniper dunes north of tri-cites washington- If the amp sells- i will use the box the XB came in to double box the 9505 for shipping to save more money for the 5b.
That's my next kit!

Ildy666

I have a 1988 honda fourtrax 250r 3rd stage ported and polished itching to hit the sand dunes..its a two stroke monster had since 1989,one of my many MONEY PITS.what you gonna do cant take $$$ it with you ..lol...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts