• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The Carnage from my son :(

Sinist3r

Well, ran the Rampage XT at the local baseball field for a bit. Was showing my son how to drive the truck. He was doing good for about 10 mins. But, I had to keep telling him to stay away from the fences. Trying to teach the boy to listen properly is a real big challenge. So after about 5 times of him getting close to the fence, he decides to go WOT right into it. Just my luck, I yell for him to stop, it was too late. He broke the R/F shock, the R/F lower control arm, and the goldish color piece on the front of the chassis. I'm trying to find this part, It's where the control arm mounts to the chassis. Can someone help? I've been looking at the part on Rob's site (www.rampageshop.com) If I can figure out how to upload a picture here, I will.

Sinist3r

Sinist3r

I could be wrong here, but judging from what I'm seeing, that part that I'm pointing to is a separate piece from the chassis. Also, the guy I got the Rampage broke the front bumper and took it off completely, so maybe if I had the bumper on there, the carnage would not have been that bad.

G

Outch!

I guess now its time to teach him to do some wrenching. :rolleyes:

G

Sinist3r said:
I could be wrong here, but judging from what I'm seeing, that part that I'm pointing to is a separate piece from the chassis. Also, the guy I got the Rampage broke the front bumper and took it off completely, so maybe if I had the bumper on there, the carnage would not have been that bad.
Yes that part (suspension arm holder) is a separate piece.

Sinist3r

Thanks RCDAD, I will look this up now. And yes, It's time to teach him how to wrench on it.

Sinist3r

WoW! I just explained to my son that he did about $60 in damage. Well, I'm hoping he can learn from this. The hard part is explaining to my wife that I need to spend a total of $88 for front and rear shocks, the front lower control arms, and the suspension holder.

Ebb75

Sinist3r said:
WoW! I just explained to my son that he did about $60 in damage. Well, I'm hoping he can learn from this. The hard part is explaining to my wife that I need to spend a total of $88 for front and rear shocks, the front lower control arms, and the suspension holder.
Its about doing stuff with your son. You will look back at the time you spent together and wont even think about how much it cost you dollar wise.

G

Ebb75 said:
Its about doing stuff with your son. You will look back at the time you spent together and wont even think about how much it cost you dollar wise.
I completely agree. Get some of those crashes on video. You can laugh it off with him. :)

You will be surprised how quickly the little ones become expert drivers.

Sinist3r

Here's another question. I know I need the front lower suspension holder. After taking it apart a little more, the rod that goes through the front, and rear suspension holder (for the RF lower control arm) broke the rear plastic cap on the rear suspension holder for the front suspension. It seems there more carnage that I had originally thought. More pictures coming soon. This is easily going to wind up a $150 repair total...doh'!

Sinist3r

The last 2 pictures are of the hole poked through by the rod that goes through the lower suspension control arm. What's the damage? Do I also need the rear suspension holder?

Sinist3r

and again, I know I'm being a pain in the a** here, but I need to make sure I do this right, and fix this right the first time. Thanks again guys!

BertR

No on the rear holder...they are inserts that fit in the holder .you can get them as parts. Cheep 7075rc has some or he did. I have one on the front that did that so I put JB weld on the back of it and still holding . not sure how long it will last lol.

G

Sinist3r said:
The last 2 pictures are of the hole poked through by the rod that goes through the lower suspension control arm. What's the damage? Do I also need the rear suspension holder?
I bet you can remove the suspension arm holders and straighten them out. They don't look too bad.

BertR

RCDAD said:
I bet you can remove the suspension arm holders and straighten them out. They don't look too bad.
I agree on that...I had to pound one flat and it's been fine but don't look so pretty lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts