• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

the best replacement sparkplug for a xt

Racerx

anybody know the best spark plug to use? also just put on a rear mount jetpro, kinda reminds me of having pitpasses for the supercross, also put in a killerbee but my hitec throttle servo started dancing any ideas on that one, i read where a bad plug would do that , not so sure. I love my xt and putting on that jetpro pipe was like adding nitro permantly.

Dirtconvert

for the weedwacker motors, champion is a better choice than any other brand. As far as your servo going nuts, make sure you are using a resistor plug. If it does it all the time with any plug, change your plug cap, you have a short in it.

Keith81

Fabe said:
RZ7C is Champion, whereas CMR7H is NGK.
Thank you for the response!

NGK is what I will go with, always used them in my hondas and dirt-bikes when I was younger....

IMA_MudSlut

never could tell thee difference

Racerx said:
anybody know the best spark plug to use? also just put on a rear mount jetpro, kinda reminds me of having pitpasses for the supercross, also put in a killerbee but my hitec throttle servo started dancing any ideas on that one, i read where a bad plug would do that , not so sure. I love my xt and putting on that jetpro pipe was like adding nitro permantly.
This is the same debate as "what's the best 2-cycle oil to use". It's like we're all still looking for the "holy grail" :D I just use all of them and draw my conclusion based on my experience and pick the one I think gave me the best outcome. In this case I bought both brands and when it's time to replace my plug I just grab the one my eyes saw first, use it and I'm a happy camper :D I've used a lot of them in my car,ATV, dirtbikes etc. and I could never tell the difference, of course the companies that makes them would argue for obvious reason:D

SmokeScream

cordy said:
The cmr7h= cold,cmr8= hot,and there is an autolite subb for the cmr7.
if these are ngk plugs 8 is colder than 7. for some reason with ngk 1 is hot 10 is cold.

phreerider

NGK cmr 7h. the 2 stroke reaction really not a high heat for self cleaning , comparatively low temp. hotter plug no advntage

and castor 927 for 2stroke, if you rebuild, this is what you want. and yamalube as well

BertR

On one of my home port jobs I ran a cmr4h for a long time and had no issues. There is a thread cmr4h ...I keep one in the jockey box in case my primary fails.

Ildy666

Bosch also makes plugs for the smaller engines.we use them in the smaller stihl chainsaws

Bosch super R10 I get them at the chainsaw shop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts