• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

TGN X-Can vs. Stock pipe

FancyPants

RampageHopUps said:
The X-can is a lot louder. If you need it quiet then get an HPI stock can. They work very well.
I also read that I would see low end but not high end...I'm perfectly ok with this as I'm not going to be racing this thing...mainly just for a saturday bashing is all its going to be with some buddies. the Stingers (still new sorry:( )I'm assuming are the "pipe" coming out of the X-Can? I like the thought of running some tubing out of the back of the truck...how do you recommend I mount those hoses or should I just come out of the body? If I do not use the tubing to bring the exhaust out of the back of the truck will engine/brake cleaner be ok to clean the truck with?

G

You can get silicon tube that will fit snug on the stingers. The tube also helps quiet it down.

Yes the stingers are the exhaust exits.

Don't use brake cleaner or any solvent based cleaner. It is hard on the plastics. Simple green works good.

G

rampagemt said:
I did not know denatured alcohol was bad for plastics? Learn something.new everyday
A small amount is ok, like when mixed together with simple green and WD40. :)

Sprint 77

Contributor
I wouldn't waste $ on a X-can. The performance over stock is so slight. Keep running the stock can untill you can afford or choose a pipe. Plus the stingers always,want to vibrate loose .

FancyPants

Sprint 77 said:
I wouldn't waste $ on a X-can. The performance over stock is so slight. Keep running the stock can untill you can afford or choose a pipe. Plus the stingers always,want to vibrate loose .
well too late...lol, bought it yesterday, should be here monday.

FancyPants

RCDAD said:
Let us know what you think. :)
well I got the X-can in...have to say it was a pretty easy install...I had some 5/8's heater hose left over and ended up just running it out the back...I also cut a notch out of the back of the body so the hoses fit snugly with out to much pressure being put on the body...post some pics when I get to work in the morning.

also I know this might sound cheesy but I was really wanting to do some stacks out of the bed of the truck...what is going to be the best way to do this...should I get some type of re-enforcement around the holes "when I cut them out" or should I just cut the holes and let the hoses stick out? I was worried about the heater hose wearing/heating up the plastic...anyways let me know what you guys think

also I haven't cranked it up yet...was letting all of the lok-tite dry overnight...I used the blue as I wanted to get the thing apart later...but if the stinger do come loose I'll use the red and keep the blue on the other 6 screws.

rampagemt

For future install I would recommend red lock tight as your motor gets really hot and the red prevents them from coming loose

FancyPants

alright...didn't have any clear tubing just the heater hose...Don't judge me:cool:...lolI really do like the idea of the stacks...copper would be pretty sweet...I have a buddy that can probably do the work, I'm not to handy with a tig/mig whatever those kids use these days.

photo (66).jpg

photo (63).jpg

photo (62).jpg

photo (66).jpg

photo (63).jpg

photo (62).jpg

/monthly_2012_12/583c60668a905_photo(66).jpg.b192edd2f4efca6a451da45d2b0a7853.jpg

/monthly_2012_12/583c60668c6bc_photo(63).jpg.bb3512bb3278e8ab649a619940c75134.jpg

/monthly_2012_12/583c60668e60b_photo(62).jpg.f0fcb233766d35d1fd8408ee6e98dbe1.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts