• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

TGN X-Can vs. Stock pipe

DdsInMyFace

So I am looking into the TGN X-Can for 2 reasons

1. Its tiny and the placement I can run stacks up through the bed of the truck which I wanted to do in the first place.

2. I heard that it does give some improvement in power over the stock exhaust.

:confused:Any input would be great if someone has experience with this pipe. Truly if its going to rob power I am not at all interested in getting it!

G

If you are running the stock motor, 30.5, it will give some low end improvement. The only reason they are looked over is the tuned pipes offer more performance gain.

Chief409

I have one on the 30.5 V3 Dunerunner, on the low end it made a world of difference since I'm running Trenchers on HPI 5T wheels, which have a much larger diameter then the stock rims and tires and the stock clutch. It's not popping wheelies, but it DOES throw dirt off all 4 and scoot. With the stock can it was blah until it hit the pipe somewhere around 100' out.

Now, anyone have a source for silicone tube so I can keep the exhaust off the rear of the DR? TGN has been "Out of Stock" for over a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

DdsInMyFace

Thanks, and yes I will be running stock for a while untill I get the big bore in it but thats a ways down the road. I saw some videos of people running the X-can and it sounded nice just wanted to make sure that it was really an 'Upgrade'

Chief409

Just gotta hit the res! Somewhere I have all the formulas, but, Cut and Try... Small narrow tin can, with a small pipe, higher res, bigger heavier can with bigger pipes, lower res, might be able to tune a bit down using the stingers. Not much, but, You feel sooo good when you hit it! Same as tuning a junk acoustic guitar body. Did that as a kid. A block here, a stick there, take it out, move over a bit... Might be the same make and model, but each one was different. 'Sides, I'm a Redneck at heart!

The 'ol Desert Rat

G

The stingers about .6 inches or about 15.75mm. You could use a inside diameter of about 1/2inch or 12mm so it would fit snug.

Chief409

RCDAD said:
The stingers about .6 inches or about 15.75mm. You could use a inside diameter of about 1/2inch or 12mm so it would fit snug.
Thanks, I had just measured the stinger O.D. but was going to go with the next size higher (I measured 16.3 mm). So 16" of blue 1/2" 4 ply silicon tube is on order now. Next will be the wrestling match getting the tubes on the stingers. Still might order the larger I.D. tube if I can't tune it. Might need the larger I.D. to reduce the flow restriction, perhaps get the correct res.

G

With two stingers I don't think you will have any flow restriction issues. I ran a long piece into a silencer and noticed no difference.

-

DdsInMyFace

That things an animal Bro! I am so looking forward to getting my XT! So many MOD's in store.... muhahahaha

Chief409

Like those rims. What are they? And if that's the same tube I just ordered, I can see it'll be a WWF match getting it over the stingers!

G

Those are Proline Desperados. (All rears)

The silicon tube has some stretch. Just use a dab of oil and it slides on easy.

FancyPants

so this X-Can...I'm not looking to go to a tuned pipe just yet still getting the feel for the truck...but I broke one of the mounts for the stock "tuned" exhaust...will this purchase make those mounts Null? also if I do purchase this x-can exhaust (for an XT) is there anything I need to be worried/do, like melted plastic or anything...also how does this exhaust sound? better than the stock? or about the same?

G

The Xcan only is mounted to the engine. So correct, you don't need the shock tower exhaust mount.

It's at about the same noise level.

The only negative over stock would be that the stingers are under the body, so the oily mess stays in there. You can run a couple pieces of silicon tube to the rear to prevent the mess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts