• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tech tip

JLW429

Alright I thought I would share what I use to deanodize parts. Some of you may

be familiar with this already. I get the product from Dollar store and I buy the big jugs. Price $4.00 a jug Greased Lightning

image_zps3ea73681.jpg

G

Yep, the Greased Lightning is good stuff. Not as toxic as oven cleaner.

Michaels12

More than likely it is dilute sodium hydroxide, but that's just a guess....

Simple Geen, Purple power, and Castrol degreaser are some others that utilize sodium hydroxide as the active ingredient.

It will also work at an excellerated rate if you bring it to about 160-180 deg F.

Use caution as it can cause severe eye injury or blindness.....

Michaels12

Time varies, it depends on the surface treatment and the alloy.

If the part is left too long and there is sufficient chemical concentration, the part could actually dissolve.

This is an old process that was referred to as chem-mill.

You can actually select areas to reduce by masking or exposing different areas according to where you desire to remove material.

There are many possibilities if its well planned with the correct alloy.

JLW429

Just put the parts in and the blue will start to come off. Watch the solution and it should show tiny bubbles if they stop change out fluid. when they are done they will turn dark grey. Take them out and wash with dishsoap and warm water. I have left them for a while it depends on how good the anodize is as to how long.

RampageHopUps

We use chemical milling in the Aerospace industry for all kinds of parts. Also called chem-etch. A lot of antennas and RF circuitry are made that way with .005 brass or copper.

Sergio

JLW429 said:
Alright I thought I would share what I use to deanodize parts. Some of you may be familiar with this already. I get the product from Dollar store and I buy the big jugs. Price $4.00 a jug Greased Lightning

I got mine at kmart the little bottle For like 6 bucks guess i got screwed, i used it to clean my air filter too and came out like new.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts