• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

T/B servo probs

forist

Contributor
Hey guys i was seeing that u say the T/B servo brakes a lot i was just wondering how or why it dose this? I am ordering mt first TT Friday so i am thinking of ordering the T/B servo upgrade with it. Thanks

Kaz the Minotaur

I don't know why they brake. My throttle servo broke with in 10 minutes. The steering servo isn't that bad in my opinion. It is a little slow though.

Deffinately get a new throttle servo.

kryptonite

i think they break just becouse they are cheap in quality. it helps keep the price down. most of us run our own electronics and there really isnt any good RTR radio gear. the large scales run for extended periods unlike nitro's wich get about 7 minutes to a tank, so thats alot of strain on a cheap servo. the bad part isnt the throttle servo burning up. its "when" it burns up. servos don't burn up when they are on the bench, so i fried servo at full throttle is kinda scary.. i run the hitech 645 in all my rigs. the stearing servo isnt strong but in the tt version mine has been holding up just fine.

Clubin

Banned
I thought I'd cut the wiring harness off of mine before I threw it in the trash, even the wiring harness isn't very good. I installed a Hitec 5645. Cheap, yet it is digital, and very reliable.

RampageHopUps

The problem is the weight of the truck puts too much strain on the printed wiring board inside the servo. The servo doesn't break, it melts the connection and loses control.

savagejunkie96

i ddint know that 2 day ago. and i melted all of my gears on purpose to stop the car from hitting a fence. the servo cable just fell out wtf?? hello hitech 645 im gonna get that but the damage is already done and i nneded to rebuid my diffs after that too. but i finnaly put in some quaily diff oil now and am paying attention to centering the drive shaftssss :)

DemonRC

I'm running a Hitec 5645 also just because I need a digital servo to run in Futaba's HRS mode. If I wasn't running digital I'd pick up a Hitec 645.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts