• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Switching from an XB to a 5ive

Silent_chaos

After pretty much upgrading 99% of the buggy, and after a lot of thought into this, i finally decided to sell my Xb to get a more advanced platform which is the 5ive-T.

The reason I am doing this is mainly because I can't get more than 10 mns at our local track without breaking something. A lot of peeps here in the forum know that I have every single possible upgrade for the buggy that exists to date.

It might be my crazy ass driving style or I might be depending too much on the buggy to cover my mistakes specially on big long jumps where the buggy literally flies almost 3 meters but hey it's part of the hobby and you can't really have fun without having air time and yeah breaking stuff.

Lately, I have broken the discontinued FLM "Hardened CVD shafts" which were replaced by the stock and then broken again the stock CVD shafts the week after. (Again I was on the track) and then again Diff cups and then bushings.

My Xb is super fast and agile but I sometimes think that maybe this buggy was designed to stay stock with its stock parts and thats putting all the engine upgrades and that 7075 (top notch products btw) bling together is transferring the shocks and the beatings to its weak points. Again just a thought. I might be wrong.

It has become frustrating, specially when you invest a lot in a buggy to see that people at the track who literally have 0 upgrades (maybe just servos) on their KMs and their Losis get to enjoy full time while I pack my stuff and go home like a loser. (Worst feeling ever)

Again, it might be just a bad luck flowing with me.

Redcat is a great 5th scale to start with, i have learned a lot. But I have discovered that maybe it isnt meant for full time track racing (at least for me), which is what I am aiming at the moment.

I guess the time has come to shift into another platform and invest on a 5ive. (Already started my upgrade with a 7075rc 5ive chassis)

Thanks for all the people who have helped me and answered my questions and a very special thanks to Doug (olfart) who contributed into making redcat stronger and emptying my wallet lol!!

See you at the track.

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

cool man, keep wrenching, keep rolling!

drop a video/link or at least a pic of the track . i want to see whats testing your unit.

ilocan72

I did the same thing and got me a backup 5th scale for when the XT fails on me.

Phill

I understand your frustration

Unfortunately more power means more breakage

I only have approx 4.5 HP but the drive train doesn't like it

Silent_chaos

I will upload pics of the track next time I go there. It's a fun track.

I would have understood if the breaking were to happen after 5-6 intense sessions or races. That is a very normal thing.

But 5 to 10 mns is very short.

I just purchased around 1500$ worth of upgrades for the 5ive.

Still need a motor, pipe and lol the roller.

Silent_chaos

RampageHopUps said:
Yeah, a $3,000 Losi will be much more durable than a $600 XB for sure.
Yeah. But I invested a lot in the XB [emoji20] [emoji20]

All 7075RC, IRP, DGI, DDM, Vertigo bling

If I add up the upgrades, it hits the 4k mark easily.

I pretty much owned everybody on asphalt while drag racing.

I recall i have even asked Phatdad to make cvds out of 300M steel lol. He refused.

Note that i don't live in the US. So I have always around 100-150$ extra for shipping and customs.

I'll post the link to the build in the basement section. The 7075 chassis is at the local post office. I'll post pics of the masterpeice soon

alfred e numan

investment

there are reallly only about 2 things that are an investment. property & houses. just about everything else is a loss of time & money. but--- a person has to have some fun huh?? lol.

Silent_chaos

alfred e numan said:
there are reallly only about 2 things that are an investment. property & houses. just about everything else is a loss of time & money. but--- a person has to have some fun huh?? lol.
You forgot fat weird girls in school that later on turn into sexy fit bombshells right before university.

So investing in a fat girl and calling her beautiful (from time to time) is a good investment, one day she'll be 9/10 and would see you as the guy who saw behind the flesh. [emoji1] [emoji1]

Doozer

That would be sound logic if in reality she didn't recognize you for the shlub that you are, and was using you for her education and your gym membership. Then the minute David Beckham comes calling, you're suddenly just some guy she knew...

BTW Love the 5ive. I'm insanely jealous. I've been drooling over that since the first time I saw it.

That thing is a beast

Silent_chaos

Doozer said:
That would be sound logic if in reality she didn't recognize you for the shlub that you are, and was using you for her education and your gym membership. Then the minute David Beckham comes calling, you're suddenly just some guy she knew...BTW Love the 5ive. I'm insanely jealous. I've been drooling over that since the first time I saw it.

That's when you need to work your magic and hope that she isn't just a bad 'female dog'

But yeah. I already purchased a lot of upgrades for the 5ive. The only things left are 34cc motor. Bart 32 pipe and the roller. Which is 989$ from horizon (if uou use the coupon code) pretty fair price imo.

And this is the wrap that I got.

Silent_chaos

I already got all the necessary upgrades to make it a tank. From underchassis plates, to clutch housing, clutch carrier, top plate, diff housings, locker, steering mechanism, HV servos, etc... box full of stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.