• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stock shocks suck...

Trip..

Second tank and the shock shaft nut came loose and the shock fell apart. So I tore down all the shocks to check the others, they were all loose as well. I noticed the seals at the bottom were cracked and falling apart. I put them back together anyway knowing they were going to leak, but I'd just buy a rebuild kit.

Now shocks are dumping oil all over and it's time for a rebuild. Problem is, this company doesn't sell a rebuild kit? WTF how Janky!

So, since these POS's piss all over my garage floor, do you guys have a better suggestion for shocks? These shitty things are the worst shocks I've ever had and I've owned a Firehammer and a HobbyPro Mutilator! So that's saying something!!!

G

I run the MT shocks on my XB they are Rebuildable.

Checkout Obeast44s XB build he is running the huge nutech shocks on his. Very impressive.

Trip..

I thought about the Nutecs for a few minutes, but they are just too damn big. Looks like a pair of pogo sticks on the front of the thing... Maybe on the XT, but too funny looking on the XB.

I guess I'll just have to go with a set of mt fronts all around. I can't believe a car that has been out for 2 years and the company hasn't come up with a rebuild kit for a consumable part like the freakin shocks? WTF?! I could understand if they were built like FG shocks, then they wouldn't need to sell rebuild kits because they don't blow out or leak, but these have 60 minutes of run time and 3 of them are drooling snot all over my garage floor... Fail.

alfred e numan

yea, the tb2 shocks are easy to bleed out the air. 2 versions of them. non threaded and threaded bodies- in some ways, the non threaded lower bodies are better because you just pull the springs down and slide these half round plastic c clips over the bodies- Yea, if you are gonna use these on the xb, get the softer springs - the non threaded version eleminates the threaded adjuster- about 1/4" less pre-load because of this.

G

alfred e numan said:
yea, the tb2 shocks are easy to bleed out the air. 2 versions of them. non threaded and threaded bodies- in some ways, the non threaded lower bodies are better because you just pull the springs down and slide these half round plastic c clips over the bodies- Yea, if you are gonna use these on the xb, get the softer springs - the non threaded version eleminates the threaded adjuster- about 1/4" less pre-load because of this.
That's good to know.

twissted

Banned

I found the nutech shock but they show out of stock on the thunderbolt II

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts