• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stock on/off switch

flint mann

I use the stock switch on both my redcats but I modded them to use DDM and HPI battery packs. Works fine lasts long time. I did have to finally change out the switch in my tt after about a year of running. It got wet and must have corroded inside because it wouldn't work any longer

Last edited by a moderator:

CAT5MFG

Contributor
My switch locked-up in the ON position. I couldn't shut it off. I had to open the receiver box and unplug the battery. I replaced it with a Hitec switch. No problems now.

csp1971

Contributor
CAT5MFG said:
My switch locked-up in the ON position. I couldn't shut it off. I had to open the receiver box and unplug the battery. I replaced it with a Hitec switch. No problems now.
Was this internally or just the slider?

kryptonite

mine would glitch on and off after it got wet a few times. i put the traxxas on/off switch in couse it has the charge jack built in

martijn1974

I removed my switch, I never trust them as the electronics are most important for safety.

This is what I've done.

On the outside where the switch used to be I have now the battery connection, that's for on/off. No more switch.

And I can also charge my battery without opening the radiobox.

kryptonite

oh ya martin. thats a good one. what is that red switch on top of the radio box next to the volt watch?

martijn1974

kryptonite said:
oh ya martin. thats a good one. what is that red switch on top of the radio box next to the volt watch?
That's not a switch. That's a BID (Battery Identification) chip.

This chip holds all parameters of the battery, as well as charging history, and maintenance records.

By connecting this chip with my charger, the charger instantly knows wich battery is connected and what has to be done.

Ofcourse I can allways override the chip manually, for instance if I want to charge or decharge with a higher amp.

kryptonite

martijn1974 said:
That's not a switch. That's a BID (Battery Identification) chip.
This chip holds all parameters of the battery, as well as charging history, and maintenance records.

By connecting this chip with my charger, the charger instantly knows wich battery is connected and what has to be done.

Ofcourse I can allways override the chip manually, for instance if I want to charge or decharge with a higher amp.
what?? ive never heard of that before! it sounds extremely interesting and would like more info on this. i don't think i need it as ive been managing just fine, but am interested in its advantages

DemonRC

I use an 1/8 scale silicon switch cover from a Losi 8t. You just need to cut the switch hole out some to get it to fit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts