• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stock head gasket thickness

GTS 666

Thanks heaps. Do you know what difference it makes if I run a thin or thick gasket as far as what would be better for higher Rpms or torque.

Deluge

Running a thinner gasket increases compression, obviously, which increases torque. I believe there is a thread on here where someone installed a .012" head gasket with good results.

Deluge

I think .012" squish would be as tight as you could go, while .030" squish would be as loose as you could go. Standard squish is about .020"-.025". Like I said before, the higher the compression, the more torque you get. I also forgot to add that as you decrease compression, you gain RPM's, but obviously you'll lose some torque.

GTS 666

I guess the lower compression should run cooler too. I may run the 0.03'' first and see how I like that before I run a thinner gasket. Lot less chance of destroying the head if I'm a little conservative with the compression. Also I was chasing Rpms more so than torque for this particular engine and setup. Cheers hope I can get it to scream.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts