• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

stiffer shocks

rchobby89

hey guys were can I get stiffer springs f/r on my xsc also what is the stock shock oil weight would 30wt be heavier the stock

rampagemt

Try Hpi baja front shocks. I run them on my mt and it is a lot nicer. And give 30 at a try cause stock shock oil if it is even silicone oil. Def not the greatest stuff just like that nasty stuff that is in the diff. That's a good job for naptha

G

rev9fan1 said:
ummmm the diff oil sucks??? thats nice to know, where do i get good diff oil?
The diffs come from the factory full of grease. You and get diff fluid from DDM.

G

rchobby89 said:
hey guys were can I get stiffer springs f/r on my xsc also what is the stock shock oil weight would 30wt be heavier the stock
The rear Baja shocks are 2 piece you can use the larger section for the front and the front Baja shocks make great rears for the Redcats. The X-series are a bit shorter than the MT but it still seems to work pretty good.

cordy

You can also pack your diff. with play dough if you want pure grab,however it`s very strainful on your drive train,so do it at your own risk.

G

cordy said:
You can also pack your diff. with play dough if you want pure grab,however it`s very strainful on your drive train,so do it at your own risk.
That does work good if you want it locked.

G

rchobby89 said:
30 would be heavier. IMO the stock feel around 20wt

rchobby89

thanks guys I got 30wt so ill try it and let you know should I change the diff fluid or is hat all right

G

The stock screws are soft steel. They do strip easy. I have never stripped out the stainless screws. I have however, rounded a couple of hex drivers on them. desismileys_4204.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts