• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering Post mod

G

bigfol said:
And still holding out as well, at the rate I'm going my whole xbe will be made of carbon fiber soon....... :D
That would be cool. ;)

bigfol

I was thinking about making an 8mm CFplate chassis, should be strong enough, just wondering about its duability, I think it would need an thin alloy bash plate to take the hits from lose rocks hitting the underside etc. Could be a bit costly as well, it would have to be formed up on a piece of glass using CF matt and resin, putting the bends into it would be interesting, I'll look into it.....

G

It's been done on other platforms. 8mm would be plenty strong.

bigfol

RCDAD said:
It's been done on other platforms. 8mm would be plenty strong.
Yeah I know, it would be cool to do, just trying to work out how to get the kick up in front,making flat sheets of CF is easy, putting the bend in the front and being able to have the gloss effect on both side is whats concerning me..... :confused:

G

BoukeG said:
Why would you need the bottom to have that shiny finish? It is getting hurt by rocks anyway...
Don't you know there faster when they look good? :D

JK LOL. I like mine to stay perfect looking as well. I don't think if would ever get chewed up enough to weaken it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts