• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering Post mod

bigfol

The xbe's steering link has a lot to be desired imo, the metal link rod bends, so I made one out of carbon, You can't see it in the picture, but I also inserted two bushes in the carbon plate so the screws don't bind and it can pivot freely, works a treat.....

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
what a great solution to part of the steering problems!!!...I want to do something similar...

Shvelle

Looks like a nice mod. Considering doing it to mine, but would like to know (honestly) how well has it held up since you did it?

Thanks

bigfol

Shvelle said:
Looks like a nice mod. Considering doing it to mine, but would like to know (honestly) how well has it held up since you did it?Thanks
Still going strong, one of the best mods I've done! One thing I have done is remove the alloy inserts they got a bit lose by the tread of the screw chewing into it, I have replaced the screw with a smooth shaft screw and ran it though a dye and put just enough thread on it to hold it in place.No more binding and it pivots beautifully. I made one for a mate of mine and we took both our buggies to a mountain bike track,we gave them a pounding for about an 1hr, huge stacks,thats when I broke a diff cup and he bent his chassis, as for the carbon plate, not a scratch on it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

I need to make one for my MT. Not that it needs it, I just have some CF laying around.

G

bigfol said:
BTW if anyone is looking for CF plate it's available at HobbyKing.com, and not to badly priced....... ;)
Nice... I didn't know they carried it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts