• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steel tube cage for rampage?

brad1161

I like the design of the alum cage EXCEPT the alum! Wants to know if anyone is selling a steel tube cage.

phreerider

what AL cage? full cage?XB front to rear tower?

rampage idiot

WyomingV3rookie said:
I made a cage for my MT out of stainless steel tube. here is a pic. I know the welds look rough, but I was in a rush to get running.
Nice cage what is that 3/8 stainless?

brad1161

MNRampage said:
I've added the alm cage and no problems yet.
Give it a couple roll overs and it will break near the plate by spark plug. I have had them tig welded and it is so poor alum its hard to weld.

brad1161

rampage idiot said:
I made my own cage out of chrome moly tubing!
got some pics? how did you attach it to chassis? same as factory? think about selling one??

G

I made one also... They are time consuming to build, a reason you really don't see anyone making them. They could end up costing more than the vehicle.

Here is the one I did awhile back. It is chromoly bent it a couple of times, but it's never broke. All light wiring is ran through the tubing. ;)

rampage idiot

RC DAD is so correct veryyyyyy time consuming! Mine is very simple design but it works there are pics on here some where I posted them this summer,now the cage rcdad made would take forever to make! that is beautiful, nice work but I don't have the correct bender to attempt that, I have been looking for one!

G

Ildy666 said:
What kind of bumper is that RCDAD?i like the lights mounted in it.
The top section holding the lights is part of an alloy Baja bumper. The bottom section is a rear Baja bumper. I made the brace that ties it into the shock tower.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts