• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Starting my new rampage

Bigjefe83

Can someone pleeeeeease help me start my new rampage mt

Bigjefe83

Can't start my rampage MT

I recently purchased a rampage mt and after days of trying I could not get it started. Finally had someone else try and it started. I ran it for about 15 minutes turned it off and I haven't been able to start it since. I tried new plugs new coil. I'm getting spark but it just won't fire up. I'm really frustrated. Especially after seeing all the online videos of them starting effortlessly and I'm doing the exact same thing as the videos. Can someone help please?

designed2survive

15 min sounds like fuel tank venting issue. Open the fuel cap and see if it starts. We start with that and then we see what's next if needed.

Bigjefe83

I live in Pittsburgh PA. It only ran for 15 minutes because I turned it off. I haven't ran through the the first tank of gas yet. It hasn't started since that first 15 minutes I ran it

Bigjefe83

I have tried all suggestions and still cannot start my MT. It's doesn't even try to start. Shows no signs of firing up. I don't know what else to do. Can anybody help?

RampageHopUps

Open the fuel tank and see if you hear a large vacuum hiss.

Then see if the red stop button is stuck closed.

Richalaska

They all have this issue. It's called vapor lock. No air = no fuel. Here's the pemanent fix- purchase an aluminum fuel cap remove the rubber seals and drill a 1/4 inch hole in the center and tap for 1/4 inch standard fine threads. Screw in a 1/4 inch aluminum pneumatic air tip and insert a 5/16 x 12 inch clear vacuum line onto the top of the air tip and secure to the roll cage. It's just like an atv or dirt bike (look at one for reference) plenty of air and plenty of fuel. Mine starts right up every time now without fail. I hope this helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts