• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Sprint77's Modded Dom pipe for Gas Jockey

Gas Jocky

yolonda21

Contributor
Man that thing is quick..............i'm still runnin a stock motor and thought it was good until seeing this. Time for a 28.5 ported head kit i think................ :D

Sprint 77

Contributor
I imagine the power will be close maybe little higher up on the RPM band. You have to give to get in 2 cycle tuning. Gas Jockey is a .750" header this will make for a quick "on the pipe" action lose little top end.

My rear mount SS mod will have lot more low end than factory SS did on Baja , but it is a Top end pipe, however you will need at least a big bore prefer a stroke motor like Gas jockey's for that pipe to haul @$$ . I predict the HPI SS conversion doing well in a large field , I think its weakness will be short track tight corners.

mooman007uk

Banned
I'll give it a go and see how it works..I got the oneills ported 28.5 and 813 carb on it now with stuffed crank and everything port matched, hopefully it'll have the low end I want, if not then you might be getting a black pipe coming your way for the hellya special;)

Sprint 77

Contributor
mooman007uk said:
I'll give it a go and see how it works..I got the oneills ported 28.5 and 813 carb on it now with stuffed crank and everything port matched, hopefully it'll have the low end I want, if not then you might be getting a black pipe coming your way for the hellya special;)
Think about the combo You lose top end RPM when you go with the stroke 28.5 motors , but you gain loads of bottom end, now you put a top end tuned pipe on the motor that already has loads of bottom end you get some of your top end back. So In my opinion you should have a better combination to the DOM Especially if you run in a big area.

Gas Jocky

Unless I'm missing something the gp290's (28.5's) don't have a stroked crank... mine doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
Gas Jocky said:
Unless I'm missing something the gp290's (28.5's) don't have a stroked crank... mine doesn't.
I am sorry you are Right I seen the 28.5 and didn't read the GP 290 in the post before. There is two ways to come up with a 28.5 either full big bore 36 mm or 35 mm with a Stroke crank which actually comes out to 28.9 cc but some think it is called a 28.5, The later is the combo I got for mine with a cnc cylinder porting.

Thanks Gas Jockey for the correction I hate for newcomers to get bad info I apologize.

Gas Jocky

Drag race

As promised, here is a vid of Sprint77's Dom pipe vs a stock gutted can. Both trucks were set up with Oneill's race ported 28.5 engines with stock gearing a25 b35 c 25 d 25 both with 8000 rpm clutch springs. The trucks were equal in speed and acceleration before the Dom was installed. The Dom pipe definitely has tons more bottom end torque and the top end is noticeably better. Overall a huge improvement:D:D:D:D

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q211/scdoo62/rc%20collection/?action=view&current=stockcanvssprintsdom.flv

kryptonite

oh mann!! do you ever let off the throttle! you road her like you were never gona see her again(oops:rolleyes:)big diffrence. very nice

Gas Jocky

We are going out tomorrow and will be doing a vid of Sprint77's Modded Dom vs Sprint77's Modded Redcat alum pipe, same trucks. I just have to fix my diff I blew today because of all that crazy torque the Dom gives! LOL

Sprint 77

Contributor
Good vid comparison , Like I have said I am better at the fab work than the Video and pics, You seem to enjoy that part Gas Jockey and you have an eye for it, keep them coming. It only helps the Rampage cause.

Gas Jocky

Hey let me know if there is anything in particular you'd like on video, maybe a tug-o-war or an on gravel drag etc. We always have somebody around willing to tape for us.

Clubin

Banned
GJ-awsome video! Just a quick question how much do you guys charge to do the ditches? lol What broke in the diff, just curious. Looks like you are ironing out the weak links. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts