• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Someone stop me.

fat49f1

Contributor
Boredom ,beer, welder and an addictive hobby are dangerous things.I cannot stop tinkering with this thing. I am waiting on some extra money to get new servos and some other parts. But every time i am in the garage staring at this thing,i start thinking about what else i can do to it with little or no money and its the rollcage every time. I am still not done.I am going to add some more bars and lights.

I have a lot a filing,dress up and polishing to do, but i live for that stuff . i really don't know if i will ever leave it alone..

Last edited by a moderator:

fat49f1

Contributor
Forgot the pics.

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

/monthly_2010_05/IMG_2120.jpg.098c1418e05b0a13b0f9c112d1df31f0.jpg

/monthly_2010_05/IMG_2528.jpg.0c2200aa97db88e44dd731de9552757d.jpg

/monthly_2010_05/IMG_2510.jpg.4e8d975f377aac7d82c0a0628518f241.jpg

/monthly_2010_05/IMG_2521.jpg.5980acb09d82490dcec8a13d5a731515.jpg

forist

Contributor
chevy said:
fat what kind of metal are you using?? look like stainless?? i used 5/8 mild steel rod and bent it first tank!! spent about 5 hours making it and about 25 dollars!! it weighted just under 8 pounds I couldnt go any bigger like 1/4 steel rod be too heavy.
try tempering the steel after you are done chase the blue down the rod. I did this with my bracing and works very well, hard as a rock.

fat49f1

Contributor
chevy said:
fat what kind of metal are you using?? look like stainless?? i used 5/8 mild steel rod and bent it first tank!! spent about 5 hours making it and about 25 dollars!! it weighted just under 8 pounds I couldnt go any bigger like 1/4 steel rod be too heavy.
Its 3/8 aluminum solid rod with lots of webbing it was fine the way i built it the first time. Ive rolled it ,flipped it you name it .I have scratched it up pretty good on top but havnt bent it...........yet

Its raw sanded right now when i get done with it ill finish sand and polish it. An right now its just over 2 lbs.

lightning73

I vote we get fat to start makin a few of these!!!...I know id buy one in a heartbeat!! His skills look as professional as anything else ive seen. Come on fat start pumpin out a few of these puppies...lol... :D

scaremonger

fat49f1 said:
Boredom ,beer, welder and an addictive hobby are dangerous things.I cannot stop tinkering with this thing. I am waiting on some extra money to get new servos and some other parts. But every time i am in the garage staring at this thing,i start thinking about what else i can do to it with little or no money and its the rollcage every time. I am still not done.I am going to add some more bars and lights.
I have a lot a filing,dress up and polishing to do, but i live for that stuff . i really don't know if i will ever leave it alone..
well since your good at what you do, don't stop.

fat49f1

Contributor
Almost done!!!!Whew, i am almost done with this thing ,it has taken on a life of it own. I have one more window bar to put on the left side,then fab up some light brackets. I stripped and painted my beadlocks the same color as the chassis [these are shelf tires i have another set that i rip with].Now file and sand file and sand.YIPPIE:D Can anyone thats running the hpi filter measure it for me ,length and width.

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

/monthly_2010_06/IMG_2545.jpg.0c4fd7a2c8ddfe55f38f4f11e20ddddb.jpg

/monthly_2010_06/IMG_2560.jpg.d089f1e74e17a8cfd2a5381d3b894b77.jpg

/monthly_2010_11/IMG_2559.jpg.e330ffb871d0ded5ed782748085f873c.jpg

/monthly_2010_06/IMG_2540.jpg.ce4674b94172ad2849161bcedc7c0e41.jpg

fat49f1

Contributor
chevy said:
fat I have a hpi baja filter here did you want the total lenght of the foam and plastic or just the foam part???also i have a redneck prefilter and a outer wears pre-filter?? or i can measure it with it totally stock??
Measure it with the works on it,all the foam and the prefilter ,please

lightning73

Dude that thing looks sick!!...I wouldnt even want to run with a lid on anymore as good as that thing looks...Outstanding work fat!...If you ever get bored and buzzed again...lol... Please remember me, id love to have something like that on my MT...Again thumbs up man!!!

fat49f1

Contributor
chevy said:
ok fat with everthing i mentioned the total height is 3 and 3/8 inches tall, and 2 and 7/8 inches wide.
Cool thanks chevy

krashkrieg

Contributor
Fat,

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

I love the shock cover area you did...I want to use that in my design...

I have some 3/8" 6061 AL Rod being shipped to me...

Thanks, I can only hope mine comes out close to as SWEEEET as yours...

BTW

Did you have that anodized? how do you keep the AL shiny?

fat49f1

Contributor
krashkrieg said:
Fat,
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

I love the shock cover area you did...I want to use that in my design...

I have some 3/8" 6061 AL Rod being shipped to me...

Thanks, I can only hope mine comes out close to as SWEEEET as yours...

BTW

Did you have that anodized? how do you keep the AL shiny?
Thanks guys, krash, no its not anodized.Its not even finished yet ,i still have some dressing up to do,i just finish sand it with 800 grit and polish it with 000 triple fine steel wool . It does a beautiful job and its ez to fix the scratches after you flip it a couple times. I have buffed some in the past but its a pain in the ass to keep it looking that way unless you leave it on the shelf,lol. And feel free to use any of it in your own design, after just about ripping the tops of the shocks off i came up with the hoops. Then it just took off from there,some times i don't know when to stop.

Its my nature to tinker.

fat49f1

Contributor
hamster huey said:
I don't want to stop you!
That cage is sleek and stylish! I want to see how far you take it!
Good lord don't say that ,this thing would wind up with wings and a propeller,lol

scaremonger

fat49f1 said:
Good lord don't say that ,this thing would wind up with wings and a propeller,lol
I bet you could do it. That monster truck belongs in a movie set.

scaremonger

im ashamed of myself. i ran it without finishing the welds and it broke on me. it came apart at the ends where the rods attach to the shock mounts. all my pic seem to be way larger than 97.7 bites and i can't load the pic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts