• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Some facts about stock shocks

DMZamora

As information seems to be scattered around, I felt that would be nice to consolidate it in a single topic.

Facts:

- Internal body diameter is 16mm.

- They have a lot of lateral play on the shaft, probably because the pistons are too small.

- Stock pistons have 4 holes.

- Stock oil is silicone, the weight is very close to HPI #40.

Mods:

- Closing one or two hole on each piston makes damping a lot more compatible with the heavy rig.

If you have another facts or suggestions, feel free to add up :)

alfred e numan

we cannot buy replacement seals or the nylon bearing for the xb shocks here in America. Are you able to buy these parts in your country? Is there a dealer in Brazil for redcat? -- HPI? -- Also, have you ever visited Montevideo,Uruguay? I read Merco press every day, search for webcams in Uruguay - Argentina- Brazil.-

G

I'm hoping we will eventually be able to get rebuild parts for the X-series shocks.

alfred e numan

o rings

Yea, I was @ the Home Depot getting bulk wire to build a decent a-c extension cord for the migs and the o-rings came to mind. Went to the plumbing dept and found the o-rings- uncertan if these will fit - or hold up to silicone-Danco # 60 o-ring. 1/4" O.D. X 1/8" I.D. X 1/16" - Danco part # 96774.- 2-3 dollars? something like that- -Quanity 10. ---- found the recept on the floorboard of the truck- lol- $2.27.- HD sku # 037155967742.- My xb shocks are not leaking-knock on wood- kinda hate to dissasemble until its time to change fluid- when I do maintanance, I will measure the factory o-rings.- Granger has a bunch of sizes-materals.- Thats another angle for replacements.

DMZamora

alfred e numan said:
we cannot buy replacement seals or the nylon bearing for the xb shocks here in America. Are you able to buy these parts in your country? Is there a dealer in Brazil for redcat? -- HPI? -- Also, have you ever visited Montevideo,Uruguay? I read Merco press every day, search for webcams in Uruguay - Argentina- Brazil.-
Absolutely no Redcat parts here, the only parts I can find are for the engine, because we have some HPI resellers. All parts are, however, obscenely expensive, 2x to 4x their US price.

I could easily buy 3 trucks on US for the cost of my XT here, I paid around US$ 1500.

Even being born and raised at Rio Grande do Sul, a state right next to Uruguay (my grandpa was from there), I unfortunately never went there.

Still, however, a journey I want to do, specially in a 4WD vehicle :)

DMZamora

GTS 666 said:
What is the best method of closing one of the holes in the shock.
Initially, I was thinking about thick CA, but this would involve disassemble of the entire shock, cleaning off all the oil of the pistons, etc.

Then I just had the idea of closing the holes with screws, and happily I had some very small ones that fitted nicely. Quick and clean job :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts