• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

smaller, lighter wheels for the MT that don't cost a fortune

jonathan13

I drove my MT for the first time today and I am in love. I wish I had more space to run. Anyway, I am looking to purchase 24 mm hubs to run any wheels that will work on the baja.

What wheels do you guys recommend that are smaller and weigh less. I'm trying to get this thing to turn better without wearing out my servos. I have found a bunch of wheels I like but a set of 4 is 140 bucks or more on top of the cost of the hubs.

Anything out there that is cheaper?

phreerider

the 7"x3" kingmotor poineers,

i have side by side with MT, it will take few minutes to get it up have to find it in some vid somewhere.

84 bucks ..maybe 90 for all 4 REARS...ready to go HPI 24mm hex

G

They look good...

The stock tires & foams leave a lot to be desired.

phreerider

these also have some side wall flex for some impact absorption and stiff enough for speed but definitely not soft and sloppy. gives about the same height as MT. less weight !

Ildy666

phreerider said:
the 7"x3" kingmotor poineers,

i have side by side with MT, it will take few minutes to get it up have to find it in some vid somewhere.

84 bucks ..maybe 90 for all 4 REARS...ready to go HPI 24mm hex
Do they come.fronts and rears or you have to order just all rears???

chapinb

Ildy666 said:
Do they come.fronts and rears or you have to order just all rears???
You can buy rears only or you can can buy a set of 4, 2 fronts 2 rears. Front only I didnt find unless you order from the U.K.

I just put these on my xb-e. Too early for a recommendation, but early results are good.

Take a look at imex. They have some large rubber that weighs less than stock if you want to keep the tall/wide look.

Rc4wd has some on sale now too. 50$ for 4, plus rims. Losi drivers say the tread is a little soft but for 50$, its cheap to try.

Ildy666

chapinb said:
You can buy rears only or you can can buy a set of 4, 2 fronts 2 rears. Front only I didnt find unless you order from the U.K.I just put these on my xb-e. Too early for a recommendation, but early results are good.

Take a look at imex. They have some large rubber that weighs less than stock if you want to keep the tall/wide look.

Rc4wd has some on sale now too. 50$ for 4, plus rims. Losi drivers say the tread is a little soft but for 50$, its cheap to try.
Thanx for info.i have seen rc4wd tires they look cool but heard same thing about soft compound.i have 2 sets of imex k-rocks they work great and the monster truck tires are great maybe i get a set for one of my projects.but the pioneers is a good deal for 4 tires and wheels.where can i get 4 rears for $80-$90?got a link to 4 rears???

crazyfast

chapinb said:

I picked up the IMEX J-7 wheel/tire combo off Amazon. They weigh 1lb 11oz compared to the MT tires at 2.5lbs!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jonathan13

I had looked at those imex and I really liked them but the cheapest I found them was about $140 for 4 of them on amazon.

chapinb

Ildy666 said:
Thanx for info.i have seen rc4wd tires they look cool but heard same thing about soft compound.i have 2 sets of imex k-rocks they work great and the monster truck tires are great maybe i get a set for one of my projects.but the pioneers is a good deal for 4 tires and wheels.where can i get 4 rears for $80-$90?got a link to 4 rears???
Kingmotorrc.com

phreerider

FOR THE SELECTION AND $ hard the beat, for getting some backup stuff and variety.

pretty tuff in IMO. more $$$ tires are race ready parameters and THE performance hardware to have, but for seeing what u like this is a great start

jonathan13

I also found xmax-rc.com ... Unfortunately they are based overseas but they have a HUGE selection of wheels and tires. I may give them a shot at some point in the future.

BertR

I am running the RC4WD Dune Reapers , Rear on all 4 and have been impressed hands down.. Very little wear,massive grip from soft compound and the foams are as good or if not better than the foams that come with the Trenchers... Most of the folks that run the RC4WD tires on a 1/5 are most likley running a RWD platform and that alone will burn up any tire fast IMO. I would have to say rc4wd has an incredibe tire for the 4x4 rigs that we run.....Everyone will have their own take on differant tires so this is my tidbit.

JB RACER

Hey PHREERIDER, I bought a set of the king motor tires you mentioned for my MT but they seem loose on the hub do you have to change the hubs to a bigger size ??

jonathan13

Yeah you need to get 4 rear hubs from an hpi baja. 24mm. Make sure you get all rears because that is the only way they will work on ours- fronts are useless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts