• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

sloppy steering normal on mt ??

aussie

hi guys

how are you all

i was just wandering do your rampage mt also have sloppy steering ??

i can move each front wheel and the steering set up seems to be sloppy/wobble.

is this normal ??

if not what can i do to fix this and what to tighten up please ??

also i brought the hs5745 mh two servos like you said.

they come with full arms though,but i need to use 1/2 half arm though don't i for dual servo steering up grade ??

can i trim down arm to make it into a half arm ??

iv seen the # 55701 half arm you can buy but its seems to be the same dimensions/size as afull arm cut down isnt it ??

hope to hear some replies.

cheers

glen

kryptonite

my mt has a little bit of play in the front end. ive tried to fix it a few times but i just thought it was from excess wear. i don't remember if it was their when new. and yes. lop off the servo arm. dremel it smooth on the other side so it don't look "hacked"

aussie

hi julian

how are ya

thanks for the reply mate

just wandering what the straps you have near the suspnesion shock towers are and do??

r.e your half arms, yeah iv got them ther also in the box but they are blk plastic though,i like the blue alloy arms thats all.

where is the blue cross bar you are talking and going to make new one off ??

cheers and thanks

glen

kryptonite

the blue cross bar is on the servo saver linkage. it goes from left to right under your front chassis support. it does have a small amount of slopp to it. but don't over tighten it. that will bind your stearing. i don't have that much slop on my alum stearing mounts anymore(fixed), but its mostly from all the ball joints as they wear down from dirt.

Gas Jocky

I used half of the servo arm that came with the servo and added a extention to get a bit more throw, also chewed out a bit of the diff case to get that little extra. I made my own tie rod as the stock one wears fast, I used a wider piece of alum and have bearings instead of the steel bushings, it's lasted a good while now with no slop yet. Sorry it looks "Hacked" but I'm about function not how pretty it looks.

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00540.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts