• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Sighhhhh.....

GoffeeRedCat

Well i was running the XT yesterday on freshly mowed grass. Long story short i got tons of grass on my flywheel!! My question is how hard is it to take off the engine so i can put an outerwear cover on the flywheel???

Guantanamo Joe

3 bolts where it mounts to the gear plate, and then two screws underneath to mount against the frame. Other than that, just the fuel lines and throttle linkage. Takes a whole 5 minutes :D

Deluge

Good choice. On a 4WD vehicle, I wouldn't recommend an Outerwears. I've seen them get ripped off or worn through by the center dogbone.

Guantanamo Joe

Awesome... thanks...

But why don't they just make a product that keeps our trucks from ever getting dirty? ha ha ha... I want to put my truck in one of those big plastic bubbles and have it drive around... that sounds like fun.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
Awesome... thanks...But why don't they just make a product that keeps our trucks from ever getting dirty? ha ha ha... I want to put my truck in one of those big plastic bubbles and have it drive around... that sounds like fun.
You could always get into boats. :p

G

rampage idiot said:
And run in dirty water LOL
Yeah! How about a large scale swamp boat. This looks cool!!!

-

c2fd35c68779147a39bf3d611f01082a.jpg

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
That does look cool... I once considered submarines--- but I figured I'd play with it about 2 minutes and then be like "and now?"
Or if you had a runaway, you'd be SOL. :eek:

kingpin

RCDAD said:
How do you get the handle through that little rope hole. :D
vise gripe with tape on the end's works like a charm! it holds the string while you take off the handle then install the cover, but first install the velcro around the pullstart cover, I have them on all my truck's also have the air filter cover's they work great. :D

G

I was just trying to be funny. You said "and you don't have to take anything apart!."

Thanks for the tip anyways. :)

bigboysrctoys

I am seriously considering trying to make something out of a nylon, it works for the air cleaner I don't see why it wouldnt for this. and they come in colors :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts